Should I switch from Samsung to Pixel?

abelandrew

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
I've always been a fan of Samsung. I've gone through two other non-Samsung Androids, and both times I was disappointed. They just don't work as well. Has anyone in here switched from S Series to Pixel? and what do you think about it?

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I had my very first Samsung S7 and love that phone. The only thing I didn't like was over heating battery, minor bugs, bloatware and its celll provider software update dependent. Personally, not my best Android phone experience. Also, I never felt comfortable with it using it with one hand. It's easier to accidently hit the sides of the phone and I'm not even using the edge version. There's definitely a lot features with Samsung S7 like wireless charging, water resistance and fast charging but what drew my interest with the Pixel is no bloatware, battery life (no question), fast charging and like an iPhone experience as far as using it with one hand. All in all, it comes down to what you really need and what you can live without. I have always been extra careful around water so water resistance phone is my least priority.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I had two Note 7s, returned and earlier an S3. I should have gotten the 7edge. I much prefer Samsung. though I have had other phones. It depends on what you want and would miss the most. I don't think the camera is as good. I miss the sd card, the swipe for a screenshot,
and my Pixel XL has lousy connectivity. The Pixel is fast and smooth and gets fast updates. I don't care about Daydream or the Google assistant, but you might. I don't think anyone else can answer that question for you.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've always been a fan of Samsung. I've gone through two other non-Samsung Androids, and both times I was disappointed. They just don't work as well. Has anyone in here switched from S Series to Pixel? and what do you think about it?

I would say, if you happy with your Samsung device then keep it. They great devices!
Don't change things up just for the fun of it and possibly be disappointed like you were previously. The Pixel is a great device and I like you will love it but, it's up to you :)

Posted via Android Central App

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I went from Blackberry Storm, to HTC Incredible, to Samsung S3, to Note 3, to Note 5, to Pixel XL, and have been happy with each choice. My big deciding factors for the Pixel were the camera, and timely updates.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes. I had the S3, S5, Note 4, and S7 Edge. Switched to Pixel XL...never looking back!

This thing is SMOOTH...no matter how many apps are open or running in the background...NEVER glitches or stutters...and this is 1.0!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for the Pixel line of phones!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I had the S3, S5, Note 4, and S7 Edge. Switched to Pixel XL...never looking back!

This thing is SMOOTH...no matter how many apps are open or running in the background...NEVER glitches or stutters...and this is 1.0!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for the Pixel line of phones!

Does the pixel XL have a notification light? haven't seen one on it.

Daewook Kim

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm also thinking to switch to Pixel phone. I think switching to Pixel phone on the next gen is better idea. They will fix issues from the first gen and make it better.

UtahRoadie

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You won't go wrong with an S7E, with that said I sold mine and bought a Pixel XL and love it. Only thing that I miss (and not that much) is the water resistance. The Pixel is not eye candy like the S7E, but for me I value the operation more than the aesthetics.

w1ksz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I switched from a Galaxy S5 to the Pixel. The colors are an improvement and Google Assistant is a hoot, BUT, the Copy function only partially works. Only half of my App's were copied over and only about 2/3 of my contacts.

This resulted in a lot of work re-installing App's and adding data. Glad I kept the old phone.

Also, the lack of documentation was a pain. Nothing provided with the phone to instruct one on what to do on first turn-on. I had to factory re-boot a couple of times before I got it sorted out.
Phone Tech Support is the usual, lack of knowledge, accents that require several repeats, etc.

But, bottom line, I'll keep the phone.

Happy Holidays,

Richard S.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I currently own a pixel, galaxy S7 EDGE, and an ZTE axon 7. In spite of the buttery smooth interface, both the s7 edge and axon7 have it all over the pixel. Just as fast, better screens, axon7 has the best sound of any smartphone through both speakers and headphones. Just as good a build, and the Google AI will do everything on any Android phone as well as pixel. Plus, you've got sd card support too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995