Protector for back glass panel?

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've done my best to scour the internet, but so far I've come up blank. Does anyone make a protector for the back glass panel, kind of like a screen protector? I have a Pixel on order and I'm debating running this phone mostly naked, but I hear the back glass scratches fairly easily. I feel like this is a pretty obvious accessory, so I'm a bit surprised I haven't found one anywhere. Can anybody shed some light here or point me in the right direction?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I posted this in the accessories and didn't get anything useful. I've been running naked for about 7 years now and don't want to go back to using a case. I was considering getting a slick wrap or something similar on the back to provide more grip and protect the metal/glass. Was also considering ordering a tech skin and just making it custom.

glcej1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
On Amazon

BROTECT AirGlass Glass screen protector for Google Pixel XL (back side), Extra-Hard, Ultra-Light, screen guard

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Cool, thanks guys. I just ordered a glossy naked skin for the back glass only from Slickwraps. They're having a sitewide 50% off sale too.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Cool, thanks guys. I just ordered a glossy naked skin for the back glass only from Slickwraps. They're having a sitewide 50% off sale too.

Please update on how this skin worked out for you. I'm considering it but it does require a wet application based on their tutorial videos with the iPhone 7. I just don't know how that would fare with the Pixel considering it's not waterproof (not that you have to bathe it in water or anything).

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Carbon Fiber slickwrap for covering my back glass.

It works perfectly.... and it did not require a wet application. Just a peel and place...

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Please update on how this skin worked out for you. I'm considering it but it does require a wet application based on their tutorial videos with the iPhone 7. I just don't know how that would fare with the Pixel considering it's not waterproof (not that you have to bathe it in water or anything).

I had bought the slick wrap and hated it. I didn't like the sticky rubber feel, and when installing, the bubbles were a pain to get out. Disclaimer, when I received my package from slick wrap the bottle of spray provided was busted open and had spilled all on the inside. So I was unable to use it for installation.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup it does. Most color skins don't require wet install but these clear ones do. I emails slickwraps support and they said it shouldn't be an issue on the pixel so long as you don't over wet the phone with the included spray. It would be awesome if it comes out great though. I'm curious to get it since I don't want to hide the color of my phone while still protecting it from scratches.

glcej1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
You using? You like?
Just got it today. The company that makes the back protector is in Germany. There is a video on YouTube that shows the installation. It comes in two pieces, one for the top glass and one for the bottom. Installed very easy. Looks and feels really nice.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've done my best to scour the internet, but so far I've come up blank. Does anyone make a protector for the back glass panel, kind of like a screen protector? I have a Pixel on order and I'm debating running this phone mostly naked, but I hear the back glass scratches fairly easily. I feel like this is a pretty obvious accessory, so I'm a bit surprised I haven't found one anywhere. Can anybody shed some light here or point me in the right direction?

I put the one from slickwraps (only for back glass) so I don't scratch it when I set the phone down. But mine didn't come with any spray...so, put on dry. Not my best work, but not my worst.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got it today. The company that makes the back protector is in Germany. There is a video on YouTube that shows the installation. It comes in two pieces, one for the top glass and one for the bottom. Installed very easy. Looks and feels really nice.

Would you mind posting some pics? I didn't see anything on amazon.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Got my clear Slickwrap skin for the back glass only today, and just put it on. It doesn't look super right now (bubbles and smudges), but supposedly will look better when the spray dries out after 24 hours. We'll see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1