Google Pixel SCRATCHED EASILY!

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I have scratches on the fingerprint scanner on the back of my google pixel xl and I have scratches on the antenna line at the bottom of the phone and some around the chamfered edges around the display, has anyone else's google pixel scratched easily, I have babied this phone and had a google silicone case on it since I bought it!

anyone else got scratches on theirs, even micro scratches?

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh yea, a case is necessary for any smart phone! I have a cheap glass screen protector from Amazon and a Spigen tough armor case, it's thin and seems rugged enough. The setup is still very unobtrusive and it channels the microphone and speakers towird you instead of down.

Getting a glass screen protector will tend to hide smallight scratches

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I put a Skinomi clear skin on the back glass and a tempered glass screen protector on the front. I like using the phone without a case and that keeps the glass portions pretty well protected from scratching. With that being said, I just ordered a Bear Motion case as well. I like minimal bulk on my devices.

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine lives naked when it's out of the belt holster. It's got a few very light scratches on the back glass from who-knows-what. I do wonder if the scratches are actually in the glass or just the oleophobic coating though. As long as they're not noticeable over the display and there aren't any over the camera, I'm not worrying about it.

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I bought my google pixel from carphone warehouse and it was delivered by dpd and the phone box had some dents in it, it was sealed though could it have recieved damage from the delivery or are the phone boxes usually quite sturdy and look after the phone?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I put a Skinomi clear skin on the back glass and a tempered glass screen protector on the front. I like using the phone without a case and that keeps the glass portions pretty well protected from scratching. With that being said, I just ordered a Bear Motion case as well. I like minimal bulk on my devices.

Can you post a picture of what the skinomi clear skin looks like? Is it thick? Hard to apply? Did you get the matte version?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know that if I wipe the finger print scanner with a cloth it will scratch?

Always use those thin microfiber cloths made for phones and eyeglasses, even for the metal parts.

I too plan on getting a clear skin depending on how well others deem it as I don't want to hide the color of my phone. Even with a case scratches can exist since dust particles, dirt, sand, can get between the phone and the case. Another reason it's important to clean your case at least once a week in my opinion.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Can you post a picture of what the skinomi clear skin looks like? Is it thick? Hard to apply? Did you get the matte version?

It's clear, not matte, and very easy to put on just the back glass. As for the rest of the device, I had issues and just tossed it out. I really only bought it for the back glass.

Attachments

• 150543461.jpg
    150543461.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 82

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have scratches on the fingerprint scanner on the back of my google pixel xl and I have scratches on the antenna line at the bottom of the phone and some around the chamfered edges around the display, has anyone else's google pixel scratched easily, I have babied this phone and had a google silicone case on it since I bought it!

anyone else got scratches on theirs, even micro scratches?

Seems every review mentioned how easy it was to scratch the Pixel.
Upon arrival put mine in a Seidio double layered case.
Don't intend to take it out. But .... we all know how that goes....

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
i want to wipe dust away from the finger print scanner, is the fingerprint scanner made of plastic, if I wipe the fingerprint scanner will it scratch it?

YingTK

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I bought my google pixel from carphone warehouse and it was delivered by dpd and the phone box had some dents in it, it was sealed though could it have recieved damage from the delivery or are the phone boxes usually quite sturdy and look after the phone?

I bought mine from best buy and the antenna bar came scratched right out of box. Maybe it was like that when manufactured, who knows. My other pixel from best buy was placed backwards in the box. Bestbuy hasn't had the best record for selling "new" phones. Didn't care too much though, as the protection sheets were both on them.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
i want to wipe dust away from the finger print scanner, is the fingerprint scanner made of plastic, if I wipe the fingerprint scanner will it scratch it?

I wipe mine down with an eyeglass cloth all of the time, along with the entire portion made of glass and have never had any scratches or issues with it. I do it almost daily as even though it is cased it is in my pocket a lot and sometimes picks up pocket lint or dust

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine from best buy and the antenna bar came scratched right out of box. Maybe it was like that when manufactured, who knows. My other pixel from best buy was placed backwards in the box. Bestbuy hasn't had the best record for selling "new" phones. Didn't care too much though, as the protection sheets were both on them.

the antenna bar is scratched on mine also, out of the box, anyone elses scratched out of the box ?

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
this phone has so many scratches on it I feel like taking it to the shop, what do you guys think, does this phone usually get this many scratches?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The glass portion of it can and does scratch as it is glass and anything made of glass is going to scratch and show scratches unless you are really careful with it. If the scratches bother you see if you can return it. Do you plan on keeping a case on it?

Sorry I missed the part in your post where you stated that you keep it in a case and have babied it since you got it. I've had mine since the first week in November and don't have a single scratch on mine. All of the paint is perfectly intact on it and the glass on back is flawless