Scratch on google pixel Chamfer or normal?

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a black pixel, and the edges don't appear to have any striations/ scuffs/ scratches. I use a case, though. Do you use a case? Has your phone been dropped our shuffled along a surface or the floor?

Comparing your pictures, you can really only see anything under bright light, and even then it's not really that apparent. If you run your finger along the edge, do you feel any roughness or is it smooth? If you don't feel anything, I'd say it's no big deal. If you are ok with cases, find a slim one, put it on and forget the marks are even there.

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a black pixel, and the edges don't appear to have any striations/ scuffs/ scratches. I use a case, though. Do you use a case? Has your phone been dropped our shuffled along a surface or the floor?

Comparing your pictures, you can really only see anything under bright light, and even then it's not really that apparent. If you run your finger along the edge, do you feel any roughness or is it smooth? If you don't feel anything, I'd say it's no big deal. If you are ok with cases, find a slim one, put it on and forget the marks are even there.

Thanks for your reply :) It appears the black and blue google pixels doesn't have this, I took it to the store today and they said its normal and refused an exchange, I looked at the display model yesterday and it was the same I have a peach case for it i'm gonna use that and hope that they are normal on the silver models, thanks so much for your reply really appreciate it :)

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply :) It appears the black and blue google pixels doesn't have this, I took it to the store today and they said its normal and refused an exchange, I looked at the display model yesterday and it was the same I have a peach case for it i'm gonna use that and hope that they are normal on the silver models, thanks so much for your reply really appreciate it :)

The silver phones do not have an anodized coating and so are more prone to show scratches on the exposed aluminum. Same thing happens with silver iPhones.

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Took it back and got a replacement looks exactly the same as my last one so guessing this is normal for the silver model

Last edited by a moderator:

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I feel so stupid for worrying about the chamfered edges now :( I don't believe this?

Sorry this happened to you. I have the blue version and bought a clear case to be able to see the color but I'm starting to think based on others' comments that the device is a bit fragile. I'm not so sure the back glass was such a good option for this phone. Then again the S7 is full glass back so it could be worse! I think I'll end up buying one of those rugged cases though. I don't have insurance on this phone and it was expensive!

Perhaps you are insured through whatever carrier you use (if you opted for this option with them).

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Sorry this happened to you. I have the blue version and bought a clear case to be able to see the color but I'm starting to think based on others' comments that the device is a bit fragile. I'm not so sure the back glass was such a good option for this phone. Then again the S7 is full glass back so it could be worse! I think I'll end up buying one of those rugged cases though. I don't have insurance on this phone and it was expensive!

Perhaps you are insured through whatever carrier you use (if you opted for this option with them).

Hey, I have a peach case which is a google official one but stupid me never put it on because I just got this replacement today and just left it on my kitchen table and picked it up and it fell on my tiled flooring, I got this phone sim free so I don't have any insurance, im gonna see if I can get the glass replaced or replace the glass myself, im so upset thanks for your reply btw, definitely get the best case you can.

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Im thinking about just selling my google pixel and I am going to take it to the store and see what trade in value I can get and get a more durable phone

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I think you need a durable case as all phones are going to show some signs of damage if they take a hit to the floor or on a hard surface

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Took it back to the store today and said I opened the phone and the crack was already there, they replaced it for me so happy, got a case and tempered glass screen protector on it now

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Good thing it worked. Now do us a favor? No more under the light comparisons unless the case is on or you are standing above a mattress looking at it