Pixel videos

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
You know, the only time I saw video reviews from the Pixel was in an outdoor setting. Perhaps the reviewers themselves didn't realize how terrible it looks indoors when they were reviewing it?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You know, the only time I saw video reviews from the Pixel was in an outdoor setting. Perhaps the reviewers themselves didn't realize how terrible it looks indoors when they were reviewing it?
That could be a great point! I've watched many reviews and all video clips were taken outside.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing with the video settings. 60 fps is only available on 1080 and looks not great, using 4k and 30 fps is a little better but you definitely can not zoom and if you're not using good light, there is a lot of noise and "muddy" look to the video...I am a previous Note user and I'd say the same thing... Samsung handled my "pull out the phone and quickly shoot video in any situation" (point and shoot) better than the pixel does.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing with the video settings. 60 fps is only available on 1080 and looks not great, using 4k and 30 fps is a little better but you definitely can not zoom and if you're not using good light, there is a lot of noise and "muddy" look to the video...I am a previous Note user and I'd say the same thing... Samsung handled my "pull out the phone and quickly shoot video in any situation" (point and shoot) better than the pixel does.
Thanks for the clarification. Still kinda in shock how bad it is!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the s7 edge which takes amazing video, I'm finding it to be a difficult time getting good videos if I'm not outdoors. Anyone else feel the same way? It's weird because I haven't read anything bad about the video quality, but I find it to be very noisy and unclear almost like it can't autofocus and the video quality is not HD quality.

Not only is the pixel camera not what its supposed to be, but I'm totally frustrated with the entire phone. Not only does the S7E put it to shame, but my axon7 does too.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Not only is the pixel camera not what its supposed to be, but I'm totally frustrated with the entire phone. Not only does the S7E put it to shame, but my axon7 does too.
It's such a shame BC I love the software experience. Just disappointing to me.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone with these bad videos please upload them? I'd like to see what all the fuss is about. I don't have a Pixel yet, but one has been ordered.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Here's a bad video example. Taken indoors with normal (albeit indoor) lighting. Barely any movement. 1080p 60fps. Quality is absolute garbage. Outdoor videos are great and so are photos. But this is consistent every time I attempt to record a video indoors. So bad that I end up pulling out my DSLR just to grab an indoor video.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bmpRblkxV3kwRzJDT0ZxdEZxVmJ3cDhYX1VmV3h3

Your video looks pretty good to me. Try changing to 4K, it'll look even better.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Your video looks pretty good to me. Try changing to 4K, it'll look even better.

I'm sorry but I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. The entire video is out of focus causing blur along all edges. Resolution has nothing to do with it. 4K doesn't mean better quality. It just means a higher pixel density. Once I step outdoors into natural light, all issues go away. Same problem confirmed on my wife's device.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. The entire video is out of focus causing blur along all edges. Resolution has nothing to do with it. 4K doesn't mean better quality. It just means a higher pixel density. Once I step outdoors into natural light, all issues go away. Same problem confirmed on my wife's device.
Yup this is the issue I am experiencing. Horrible blurry videos indoors of my 2 year old son. Once we go outside everything is fine. It's unacceptable and thanks for providing the video. I am going to dig for one I can share

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I looked at your video as well and really cute kid by the way! However, considering you were in low light indoors and probably chose not to use your flash while shooting in 1080p, the video is not bad. I do not see the out of focus muddiness that you're complaining about. I can see your baby clearly. I was expecting to see something similar to what you might text someone. That wasn't the case at all.

It's unfortunate that it doesn't work for you as I can see how you'd like to record indoor videos, but for the sake of reference, you should post a video of similar scenarios using a different phone. Because to many of us here, your description of the video is 10 times worse then what it is.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

LOL, so now that the pixel isn't the best indoor video recorder out there, the whole phone is a frustration?... LOL. When you say your s7e and axon put it to shame, is that simply because they take better indoor video than the pixel? I'm just tryna figure out why indoor video is the measuring stick for putting the pixel "to shame?"

I swear there's nothing more broke than Sammy fans when their phones aren't considered the best phones to date. Their world literally comes apart. They so suffer from little brother complex. Isn't it enough that every Sammy fan agrees that Sammy is the best even when critical reviews don't? However, it cracks me up because every Sammy fan that I've known who decided to leave Sammy, always and I mean always, says that Sammy was a laggy piece of junk. Sammy will not live that reputation down, sorry! Not when ex Sammy owners always say the same things about why they left Sammy.

I owned one galaxy phone after owning the same year's HTC phone. I had the galaxy s5 and I've never in my life seen a more laggy piece of garbage that that. And, the HTC that I had that year literally put it to shame. I believe it was the HTC m8. But, here's the funny thing. Sammy fans were bragging about how great the s5 was back then. I'm willing to bet there's not a single one of those braggarts of the phone willing to come forward right now and say the sgs5 was an awesome phone like they did when it was released. I'll bet 50 cent! LMAO!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL, so now that the pixel isn't the best indoor video recorder out there, the whole phone is a frustration?... LOL. When you say your s7e and axon put it to shame, is that simply because they take better indoor video than the pixel? I'm just tryna figure out why indoor video is the measuring stick for putting the pixel "to shame?"

I swear there's nothing more broke than Sammy fans when their phones aren't considered the best phones to date. Their world literally comes apart. They so suffer from little brother complex. Isn't it enough that every Sammy fan agrees that Sammy is the best even when critical reviews don't? However, it cracks me up because every Sammy fan that I've known who decided to leave Sammy, always and I mean always, says that Sammy was a laggy piece of junk. Sammy will not live that reputation down, sorry! Not when ex Sammy owners always say the same things about why they left Sammy.

I owned one galaxy phone after owning the same year's HTC phone. I had the galaxy s5 and I've never in my life seen a more laggy piece of garbage that that. And, the HTC that I had that year literally put it to shame. I believe it was the HTC m8. But, here's the funny thing. Sammy fans were bragging about how great the s5 was back then. I'm willing to bet there's not a single one of those braggarts of the phone willing to come forward right now and say the sgs5 was an awesome phone like they did when it was released. I'll bet 50 cent! LMAO!
I actually have zero lag on my S7 edge. It's a fantastic phone and like I've stated to you before I own a Samsung phone but that doesn't mean I'm a Sammy fan. I think they make great products, but hey so does google. It just so happens that in my day to day life the pixels video quality if far inferior to the quality on the S7 edge. So for me that is a deal breaker. Just my opinion. I will post my two videos I did, one on the pixel one on the S7 so you can see the difference. It doesn't even compare.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I looked at your video as well and really cute kid by the way! However, considering you were in low light indoors and probably chose not to use your flash while shooting in 1080p, the video is not bad. I do not see the out of focus muddiness that you're complaining about. I can see your baby clearly. I was expecting to see something similar to what you might text someone. That wasn't the case at all.

It's unfortunate that it doesn't work for you as I can see how you'd like to record indoor videos, but for the sake of reference, you should post a video of similar scenarios using a different phone. Because to many of us here, your description of the video is 10 times worse then what it is.

Here it is on the pixel
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=R2xXQ3lpVUgxd2lFMks5QmlfbnhNOXFOY3FTRTVR

Here it is on the S7 edge
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZXpKckhoYXhxMHJ6VnVENnUtNm9HdlhVOF9kUlVR

The video you commented about I see a fuzzy not clear at all child! This is supposed to be HD quality. If you saw that video on your TV you would be wondering why it's not in HD. Her hair is fuzzy, her entire face is. Now my pixel video could not even try to focus on my back sliding door, where as my S7 picked it up right away. My son's hair is fuzzy in the pixel video and anytime I moved the phone the noise got worse in the background ( fireplace, TV wall, sliding door)

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually have zero lag on my S7 edge. It's a fantastic phone and like I've stated to you before I own a Samsung phone but that doesn't mean I'm a Sammy fan. I think they make great products, but hey so does google. It just so happens that in my day to day life the pixels video quality if far inferior to the quality on the S7 edge. So for me that is a deal breaker. Just my opinion. I will post my two videos I did, one on the pixel one on the S7 so you can see the difference. It doesn't even compare.

I can agree that the GS7E did better and possibly has better video quality over all when it comes to indoor video. I think the pixel has the most value as a device taken as a whole. IMHO, it gets pretty nit picky to knock it for low light video, indoors. And, although the GS7E is a great phone I'm sure, when I had the SGS5, Sammy fans swore it was sent from God himself. But, as soon as the next Sammy came out, they let it be known that the SGS5 was truly garbage. I can not trust Sammy owners. They never ever ever want to say anything bad about their phone until they leave Sammy or until the next version hits.

That being said, the pixel is in season 1 and has had a pretty great showing. I wouldn't expect it to be as good as the current Sammy in every aspect of camera performance, but don't you think the pixel matches the GS7E in every other aspect of camera performance? For instance, it's dynamic range in low light photo does handily beat most phones including the GS7E. The GS7E may bring brighter shots, but it's at the expense of dynamic range, noise, and white balance. The Sammy shoots yellowish in low light.

By any measure, you have both phones and are certainly allowed to assess that the GS7E performs better than the pixel, but I'm still wondering why you were searching for something else if the Sammy was so great? And, by all accounts the GS7E is a great device, but it's always Sammy owners declaring Sammy is the best even when they're not. You never hear HTC fans saying that even when the HTC 1 M7 truly was one of the best phones made back in 2013. Even then, Sammy fans were fighting tooth and nail against the critics view that the HTC phone was the best one made that year. I'm just saying we all know that Sammy has made some good phones but why are their fans so averse to friendly competition? Why do they just have to be the BEST?

I bought the pixel knowing it would not be the best Android phone sold. It has no FF speakers or waterproofing. It has big bezels and a kinda funky design. I have used HTC, Sammy, and Nexus. And despite the pixels shortcomings, I can say without a single doubt that it is the best phone I've ever used. And mind you, I place very high priority on timely software updates. Waiting 90 plus days for software updates is an absolute deal breaker for me.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I can agree that the GS7E did better and possibly has better video quality over all when it comes to indoor video. I think the pixel has the most value as a device taken as a whole. IMHO, it gets pretty nit picky to knock it for low light video, indoors. And, although the GS7E is a great phone I'm sure, when I had the SGS5, Sammy fans swore it was sent from God himself. But, as soon as the next Sammy came out, they let it be known that the SGS5 was truly garbage. I can not trust Sammy owners. They never ever ever want to say anything bad about their phone until they leave Sammy or until the next version hits.

That being said, the pixel is in season 1 and has had a pretty great showing. I wouldn't expect it to be as good as the current Sammy in every aspect of camera performance, but don't you think the pixel matches the GS7E in every other aspect of camera performance? For instance, it's dynamic range in low light photo does handily beat most phones including the GS7E. The GS7E may bring brighter shots, but it's at the expense of dynamic range, noise, and white balance. The Sammy shoots yellowish in low light.

By any measure, you have both phones and are certainly allowed to assess that the GS7E performs better than the pixel, but I'm still wondering why you were searching for something else if the Sammy was so great? And, by all accounts the GS7E is a great device, but it's always Sammy owners declaring Sammy is the best even when they're not. You never hear HTC fans saying that even when the HTC 1 M7 truly was one of the best phones made back in 2013. Even then, Sammy fans were fighting tooth and nail against the critics view that the HTC phone was the best one made that year. I'm just saying we all know that Sammy has made some good phones but why are their fans so averse to friendly competition? Why do they just have to be the BEST?

I bought the pixel knowing it would not be the best Android phone sold. It has no FF speakers or waterproofing. It has big bezels and a kinda funky design. I have used HTC, Sammy, and Nexus. And despite the pixels shortcomings, I can say without a single doubt that it is the best phone I've ever used. And mind you, I place very high priority on timely software updates. Waiting 90 plus days for software updates is an absolute deal breaker for me.

Pretty simple answers for you. I got the pixel because I had a pure Android device before and was very eager to give it a try compared to all I knew, TouchWiz. I'll be the first person to knock on a phone (including Samsung) if it is something I feel strongly about.

No doubt the pixel camera is amazing, I 100% agree with you and I am going to say that it is slightly better than the S7E. But, for the video quality, I can't agree and wish I could. I don't think I am being nit picky when knocking on the pixel for poor video quality in low light. I spent almost $700 on the pixel so I except it have decent video shooting. Maybe I overexpected that aspect of it. I figured since the camera was so great, video would be too. I bought the phone truly thinking it could be the best Android phone I've used. If you don't take many videos then I can see it being the best phone out right now, but it is a very significant hardware feature for me.

You don't have to trust me if you think I'm a "Sammy fan" I am not asking for your trust. Just providing you with my opinion and videos to back up my opinion. I have no problem saying anything negative about a Samsung device and I agree with you that waiting months upon months for updates is ridiculous. I rather have good quality videos of my children as a keepsake than get timely updates on a cell phone. That is more important in my life right now.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't care about video outdoors, I have two little grandkids and the video indoors is lousy, The lowlight photos are not horrible but not great. I don't care about timely updates anywhere near as much as I care about that.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Do you think the quality of the indoor video can somehow be improved with software somewhere down the line? Reason I'm asking is if the quality of the camera for taking regular pics is good the same lens is being utilized. Wouldn't this lean more towards software tweaks? Just asking as I'm unsure myself

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon