Pixel videos

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the EIS is messed up to. I took a video with it on and it was moving the camera on it's on when I stopped panning. And then completely blurred the entire frame. Nothing was in focused. Took EIS off and it was a bit better. No ghost movements anyway
The EIS sucks, indoor and outdoors. If you pan too quickly it stutters and is so not smooth at all. I've never had issues taking video with any cell phone before and I find myself saying don't move too quickly while shooting video.

So your saying a third party camera app with video capability is better?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Still don't have any complaints about mine. Honestly, I don't find either of those two videos acceptable if I was really looking for memorable videos of the kids. The S7's is a little more distracting to me just due to how it handles the light from the door. The Pixel video just doesn't seem to be as crisp to me.
Not crisp is an understatement lol. It's noisy, hazy and blurry and it's not acceptable to me. C'mon google!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's almost like the entire video has a haze over it. It someone tried to soften it post production
It's something with the EIS, BC the camera works so incredibly well. The only diff with the video hardware is that EIS is present. The focus on the videos is non existent.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The EIS sucks, indoor and outdoors. If you pan too quickly it stutters and is so not smooth at all. I've never had issues taking video with any cell phone before and I find myself saying don't move too quickly while shooting video.

So your saying a third party camera app with video capability is better?
Yes open camera works much better. So it seems Google just needs to update their app. I suspect it wasn't developed with the Pixel's EIS in mind

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I tested them dude by side in multiple lightings. Open camera consistently performs better. Although when I disable EIS on Google camera the blur remains

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995