Google pixel home button and app switcher button don't work

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
I had the exact same problem in pixel 2 and a simple restart of the phone made it work.
I am running Android Orieo with latest patch.

Solution to this problem is improvised in the latest flagship and software.

Duffy666

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
I have this issue but only when my pixel 2 xl is in it's phone holder in my truck. I pick the phone up and the app change button works fine... I put the damn phone back and it's like the button refuses to respond.

Ryan Blackstock

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
The solution

I have a Motorola z force 8.0 Oreo. Same problem
I held down the power button for 36 seconds ignoring all promps and beeps then let go and phone works perfect..

Good luck

TheDownArrow

Feb 16, 2019
Visit site
Guys I've figured it out. Upon getting this very annoying problem, I really did not want to download anything I didn't need to or phone support nor format my phone as that's just a pain. But DO THIS. Under settings, go to gestures, and find where it says to select an account, ADD A GUEST ACCOUNT. It will then start your phone as a guest. Go back to the same setting area and go back to your Google account. AND BAM FIXED. Hope that works for everyone. At least it did for me.

Cheers,
I made an account just to respond to this thread.

PrincessMirai

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
I created an account to respond, I'm only just now having problems, gestures wont let me turn anything on and have it stay on, it wont let me access accounts, nova has no setup wizard, and I'm at a loss. As an artist who draws digitally on their phone, this is my worst nightmare. I've been up for 6 hours now trying to fix it, but I give up, my morning class starts in a few hours, I dont know if I'll be able to even SEE the call from my doctor, I brought this situation to my dad and he demanded no more pixels from now on, I'm sad to have to leave the google family but I have no choice as of now, unless someone has a REAL answer that works for the 3a, I'm at a loss. Good luck to those still dealing with this

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are drawing digitally on your phone, you would probably be better off switching to 2 or 3 button navigation rather than using gesture navigation.

Go to Settings > System > Gestures > System navigation

Select either 2 or 3 button navigation and give it a try.