I am really struggling with typing on the Pixel.... coming from 7Plus

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the opposite problem. I used google keyboard for like 2 years before just now switching back to iOS due to my whole family being on iPhones. It's terrible going through this adjustment period, but you will get the hang of it

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the opposite problem. I used google keyboard for like 2 years before just now switching back to iOS due to my whole family being on iPhones. It's terrible going through this adjustment period, but you will get the hang of it

Everytime I have to type on my wife's iPhone I feel like my hands are tied together.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Since taking the advice here and enlarging the keyboard and turning off the number row, I can type as good as I could on my Moto XPE. Thanks

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
After trying swiftkey... gboard is faster response... a bit of lag on swiftkey.......
I think they need to copy samsung's keyboard its better....

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a S7E to the Pixel, I seriously thought the touchscreen was broken given how poorly typing was. Gboard, Swiftkey, didn't matter. I've never had to aadjust my screen setup from the "standard" on any other phone. I have done that now on the Pixel with Swiftkey, but I'm still experiencing a significantly higher error rate, especially hitting Space, Caps etc. just like OP.

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
After trying swiftkey... gboard is more accurate and no lag...
There is a bit of lag on swiftkey....
I dunno.. but when change to white theme for gboard... it seems better ....lol

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Played around a lot with the Gboard preferences. Got much better, but I'm still puzzled as to why necessary. Never done that before on Moto X, Sony Z3, Note5, S7E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech