according to Signal Check Pro:

Project Fi is utilizing Verizon towers on my Pixel XL
    First time I noticed it.

Project Fi and Verizon on Pixel XL?-screenshot_20161230-075357.jpg

EDIT: just changed towers to T-Mobile....@ -109 dBM?
    12-30-2016 06:56 AM
    My guess:

Latched on to strongest signal .... Verizon allowed until it checked carrier whitelist....or something along those lines.
    12-30-2016 07:07 AM
    Weird. Maybe a roaming agreement between T-Mobile and Verizon in your area?
    12-30-2016 07:07 AM
    My guess:

Latched on to strongest signal .... Verizon allowed until it checked carrier whitelist....or something along those lines.
    Project Fi is supposed to use T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular networks *only*.
    ElronTheElder likes this.
    12-30-2016 07:08 AM
    Project Fi is supposed to use T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular networks *only*.
    Those are the carrier's they use. But all carriers have roaming deals with each other. It's not odd to be on Verizon if there is nothing else available.
    12-30-2016 08:07 AM
    US Cellular roams on Verizon.
    12-30-2016 08:13 AM
    US Cellular roams on Verizon.
    By my thinking; if it was SOP it would never leave Verizon towers. They have strongest signal in my area.
    Just think it's weird.
    Maybe beta testing proposed deal?
    I wish anyway...ha.
    12-30-2016 08:19 AM
    Those are the carrier's they use. But all carriers have roaming deals with each other. It's not odd to be on Verizon if there is nothing else available.
    Yeah, but I don't think that applies to Project Fi and it is certainly not the way Project Fi describes their service. It is supposed to switch between T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular towers and, if none available, then try Wi-Fi. As I said above, it is *possible* that T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with Verizon in the OP's area, but I am not even sure about that coming into play for a Fi customer.
    12-30-2016 08:34 AM
    Yeah, but I don't think that applies to Project Fi and it is certainly not the way Project Fi describes their service. It is supposed to switch between T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular towers and, if none available, then try Wi-Fi. As I said above, it is *possible* that T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with Verizon in the OP's area, but I am not even sure about that coming into play for a Fi customer.
    I never could get a straight answer from Google about that.
    12-30-2016 08:39 AM
    The goal of any cell service is to never leave a customer stranded. Fi has roaming agreements. That's what roaming means. Using other carriers towers when that's the only or best option.
    12-30-2016 08:56 AM
    The goal of any cell service is to never leave a customer stranded. Fi has roaming agreements. That's what roaming means. Using other carriers towers when that's the only or best option.
    Fi does not have direct roaming agreements - at least none that they advertise. "Roaming" for Fi means switching between T-Mobile and Sprint towers to find the best signal.

However, if T-Mobile or Sprint has a roaming agreement in a given area, then - apparently - that agreement filters through to Fi customers.
    12-30-2016 09:02 AM
    Fi does not have direct roaming agreements - at least none that they advertise. "Roaming" for Fi means switching between T-Mobile and Sprint towers to find the best signal.

However, if T-Mobile or Sprint has a roaming agreement in a given area, then - apparently - that agreement filters through to Fi customers.
    Sorry, you're wrong.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...MtOHhYc25qdnR3

If that is checked you will use data on a network that isn't contracted and could get charged additionally as a result.
    12-30-2016 09:19 AM
    Don't get me wrong; Not complaining about having a stronger signal.
    Just find it odd. thinking/hoping something is afoot.
    T-Mobile signal is about the same as ATT around me.
    As stated previously Verizon is the strongest, by quite a bit.
    Was on PagePlus before moving to Fi.
    12-30-2016 12:05 PM
    Yes you can roam to Verizon and others depending on the roaming agreements with T-Mobile, Sprint, and USC. If that area has an agreement you can roam and it will work just like if you were using the actual carrier that had the agreement.
    12-30-2016 12:17 PM