02-12-2017 04:37 PM
201 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Ugh. I'm right there with ya. I probably won't sleep tonight BC my pixel sold on Swappa tonight. Hahahaha

I keep telling myself it was meant to be. The resolution isn't as good as the S7, it's good but not as good. That we knew though with the regular pixel. I still find the display to be very nice for 1080p, just not as nice as the quad hd on the S7 edge.

Samsung pay, I use it almost everyday. I haven't even tried Android pay on the pixel. Samsung pay is so convenient. The problem is that both phones have polar opposite pros and cons. They are such different phones. The pixel might be a tad boring compared to the S7E but let's not say it's as boring as the iPhone. The user experience on the pixel is what kept making me pop a sim in it. I also love the flat screen as opposed to the curved edges on the 7. I also actually liked the chin on the pixel. The capacitive buttons on the S7 are annoying at times.

Well I'm stuck now with my S7E since my pixel will be shipped out tomorrow. What did you pay for yours on Swappa? They are selling like crazy on there now.
    I actually had the thought of listing my Pixel to see if it would sell. I bought it for $669. If I could sell it for more, great. But I'm torn.
    01-13-2017 06:50 AM
    I actually had the thought of listing my Pixel to see if it would sell. I bought it for $669. If I could sell it for more, great. But I'm torn.
    You won't get more. They are selling around 575-625 right now, for the 32GB. Not sure if you have the 128
    01-13-2017 06:51 AM
    You won't get more. They are selling around 575-625 right now, for the 32GB. Not sure if you have the 128
    I have the 128
    01-13-2017 07:02 AM
    I have the 128
    Oh ok then that might be a diff story
    01-13-2017 07:06 AM
    Back on the pixel xl again lol. It's a vicious cycle.
    01-21-2017 02:15 AM
    Nothing wrong with swapping between phones, if I had the disposable cash I'd probably be swapping between different devices.
    I've never got the whole my phones better than your phone thing. No one phone is perfect and they all have strengths and weaknesses. I just fell in love with the look of my S7e when I saw the form so that's what I went with.
    01-21-2017 02:46 AM
    Lol me too! The cycle never ends either!!

I don't think I'm going back to the s7 edge until it gets the official nougat update. The pixel on nougat is ridiculously good, can't leave it!
    Ddust14 likes this.
    01-21-2017 07:02 AM
    Been alternating between S7e, XL, and 7+. Love all of them for different reasons. While the Pixel slightly has the edge over the other two cameras overall, the dual lens if the 7+ has been coming in handy for me taking pictures at work lately. I swap my sim a couple times a day and truly can't decide which device I like best.
    01-21-2017 08:00 AM
    I'll revisit Sammy when the S8 comes out. Right now the pixel is just cleaner and faster than the S7 edge right now.
    01-21-2017 02:25 PM
    I am more concern about three things lately with flagship devices:
    -Camera
    -SW updates ( sammy is not the best)
    -Battery Life 3000
    01-21-2017 09:41 PM
    I use four phones routinely: Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note5, iPhone 7.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the fact that the SD card in the S7 makes a huge difference. I have a 256gb MicroSDXC card inside and it's pretty much filled up with all the music ripped from my physical CD collection, all ripped to lossless format. The card is now about 207gb full. None of my other phone can come even close.

The best part with the MicroSD card is that when I restore the phone, I can just take the card out before starting the restore. Once the phone is back on, I just pop the card back in and I'm in business again. With the Pixel XL, Note5, iPhone 7, I have to copy the music over again, which takes time.
    anon(1733) likes this.
    01-22-2017 12:07 PM
    I use four phones routinely: Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note5, iPhone 7.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the fact that the SD card in the S7 makes a huge difference. I have a 256gb MicroSDXC card inside and it's pretty much filled up with all the music ripped from my physical CD collection, all ripped to lossless format. The card is now about 207gb full. None of my other phone can come even close.

The best part with the MicroSD card is that when I restore the phone, I can just take the card out before starting the restore. Once the phone is back on, I just pop the card back in and I'm in business again. With the Pixel XL, Note5, iPhone 7, I have to copy the music over again, which takes time.
    After a couple of months I think I have come to the realization that the best all around phone is the s7 edge. I actually just sideloaded nougat on my at&t s7 edge and it has given me a whole new appreciation for this phone. I now have everything the pixel has (software wise) which is what was keeping the sim out of the s7 edge.
    01-22-2017 02:09 PM
    After a couple of months I think I have come to the realization that the best all around phone is the s7 edge. I actually just sideloaded nougat on my at&t s7 edge and it has given me a whole new appreciation for this phone. I now have everything the pixel has (software wise) which is what was keeping the sim out of the s7 edge.
    I tried to go back to Pixel XL over this weekend and by Sunday morning, SIM was back in my coral blue s7 edge. The only thing Pixel has over s7 edge is Nougat and a bit more smooth. Everything else goes to s7 edge. The unbelievable 5.5 profile and crazy design plus SD card is more than enough to keep pulling me back. Simply a complete package.
    01-22-2017 07:05 PM
    I tried to go back to Pixel XL over this weekend and by Sunday morning, SIM was back in my coral blue s7 edge. The only thing Pixel has over s7 edge is Nougat and a bit more smooth. Everything else goes to s7 edge. The unbelievable 5.5 profile and crazy design plus SD card is more than enough to keep pulling me back. Simply a complete package.
    Total agreed, can't agree with you any more. And let me tell you Nougat on the s7 edge is quite impressive. It's game changing!
    562dope562 likes this.
    01-22-2017 07:10 PM
    This is a huge reason I'm afraid to give up my S7 for a OnePlus 3, then again I like the freedom that the one plus 3 gives in term of modding.
    01-22-2017 07:12 PM
    Total agreed, can't agree with you any more. And let me tell you Nougat on the s7 edge is quite impressive. It's game changing!
    I'm trying to hold out for Verizon to release Nougat for the S7E but I'm not sure I can wait. I want to let 1 of these phones go but I don't want to sell the S7E before I try it on Nougat.

Nougat sounds promising on the S7E.
    01-22-2017 08:34 PM
    I'm trying to hold out for Verizon to release Nougat for the S7E but I'm not sure I can wait. I want to let 1 of these phones go but I don't want to sell the S7E before I try it on Nougat.

Nougat sounds promising on the S7E.
    That's a great idea. I don't think you should get rid of the s7 edge until you try nougat out. I'm now content....For now lol
    01-22-2017 08:36 PM
    I originally desired a pixel...I really did. But the lack of OIS turned me away. Truly.
    01-23-2017 08:03 AM
    I originally desired a pixel...I really did. But the lack of OIS turned me away. Truly.
    It doesn't need OIS. I create a lot of content with my phone camera. Trust me. Well not even me, trust every review out there, it doesn't need OIS. It's the best camera on the phone period. Tough to take a bad shot with it.

The camera is the only thing which has got me hooked to Pixel. It's that amazing.
    01-23-2017 08:52 AM
    There are threads about the pixel suffering with video in low light. And no one is going to be able to convince me that EIS is better than OIS for video.
    01-23-2017 08:55 AM
    There are threads about the pixel suffering with video in low light. And no one is going to be able to convince me that EIS is better than OIS for video.
    Low light video, yes alright. I'll give you that. But day light video, night time shots, day light shots are better than every other phone out there. No one is going to be able to convince me otherwise because I've tested all phones out myself pretty pretty extensively.

I have yet to take a blurry action shot from this phone. Even in low light. Video in low light needs to be improved for sure!
    01-23-2017 09:00 AM
    I'm not disputing it's got a great camera but imagine how much faster it would be with OIS in low light. Might even tempt me to raid the piggyback if it had. I take a lot of photos. Anyone time I've normally got at least 3 cameras on me.
    01-23-2017 09:41 AM
    Thank you for sharing your experience, OP! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and those opinions are valid, so please don't feel like others will not care for yours. It's valid and important!

I'm glad you switched back to a phone that meets your needs! The Samsung line is a great one! Also, I do like the Edge, so I feel like I would've done the same thing had I been in your position.
    01-23-2017 09:49 AM
    I'm not disputing it's got a great camera but imagine how much faster it would be with OIS in low light. Might even tempt me to raid the piggyback if it had. I take a lot of photos. Anyone time I've normally got at least 3 cameras on me.
    Yes yes of course it could've been a lot better i agree. Especially for low light.

But I was just saying that I still consider it to be the best even without OIS. Maybe that's just me. But the proof is in the pudding really.
    01-23-2017 10:07 AM
    It will be a while for VZ to get their acts together, but I'm more than happy with the complete package S7 Edge provides. I'll sit and wait
    01-23-2017 06:05 PM
201 ... 45678 ...