I'm note thrashing the Pixel but just found it strange how of a PITA it was to sell and the least profitable and yet one of the expensive androids out there.

How long has this been out. Forget that I ended only selling it for $750 (CAN) but the numerous of buyers not responding back or not showing up.

I expected to make money off it but I got owned. LOL

Lost $100 owning it for two months.

One of the reasons was I regret not waiting for the 128GB and thought I could live with 32GB and I know I want the OnePlus 3t Soft Gold more so I figured I might as well sell it while it's hot.
    01-04-2017 03:33 PM
    That's the world of tech for you. Say you dropped the price by $50 rather than $100...Most people at that point might just consider purchasing a new one full price (depending on the condition of your phone) meanwhile $100 off is a lot more attractive. Being 32gb, some people desire higher storage which also makes it harder to sell. On top of that the Pixel doesn't have the popularity that Samsung does which allows the latter to maintain a higher value for their phones for a longer time. I wouldn't imagine a phone like the OnePlus 3T (which was my other option besides the pixel) to hold its value for a long time either. I actually would have gone for the OnePlus 3T but I don't like big phones...
    Laura Knotek and Aquila like this.
    01-04-2017 04:00 PM
    32GB isn't desirable... That's about it
    01-04-2017 06:53 PM
    32GB is enough for me. I'm not a huge app person so I don't think that I would personally run out of space. Maybe some others may be the same way. This should get me by until I see something else that may entice me more.

For music I use Spotify a lot and only keep a handful of songs on my phone and so far it seems to be working well for me
    01-04-2017 07:53 PM

Is the expectation of making money off of a cell phone that's two months old reasonable? Serious question, cause for me there's no way I will pay more than retail for a device let alone a used one. I would rather order a new one from Google or continue waiting for new stock than take a chance with a used device at or above retail.
    01-04-2017 08:05 PM

You don't buy and sell many phones do you. If that's all you lost then you made out good.

There's no money in used tech, it's value drops soon after its release. If you want a phone that keeps its value buy an iPhone.
    anon(9227267), libra89 and bhatech like this.
    01-05-2017 01:22 AM
    Is the expectation of making money off of a cell phone that's two months old reasonable? Serious question, cause for me there's no way I will pay more than retail for a device let alone a used one. I would rather order a new one from Google or continue waiting for new stock than take a chance with a used device at or above retail.
    Agreed, If the price is within $100 bucks I'd much rather go new. Over $100 though, then I start to weigh my options haha
    01-05-2017 08:47 AM
    Agreed, If the price is within $100 bucks I'd much rather go new. Over $100 though, then I start to weigh my options haha
    Even if it is over $100 - I'd still go new - but that's just me. Buying a used phone is like marrying someone's "ex".
    01-05-2017 08:54 AM
    32GB is enough for me. I'm not a huge app person so I don't think that I would personally run out of space. Maybe some others may be the same way. This should get me by until I see something else that may entice me more.

For music I use Spotify a lot and only keep a handful of songs on my phone and so far it seems to be working well for me
    I'm on the same boat as you. As appealing as extra storage is, I hardly ever reach 32gb. My old phone (HTC ONE M7) was the same size and I had that since its release and never reached 32gb although I realize nowadays OS takes more space. Regardless I'm no longer a gamer on my phone except for the casual puzzle game every here and there nor do I have a boatload of apps. I like to keep it simple and not be so checked out on my phone. Mostly I wanted a device whose battery would last me a day and with updates that would last me a couple of years. Now I can't stop playing with the camera (thank goodness for unlimited photo storage). I'm holding on to the Pixel for another 3-4 years.

Anyway back to the topic, phones are like cars, as soon as you drive them brand new off the lot they lose value (except for iphones and galaxy phones...).
    01-05-2017 08:57 AM
    Used devices are oftentimes hard to sell - as soon as you buy them, they depreciate in value. Cars' values diminish as soon as they leave the lot. It's depressing, because a lot of users take great time and expense to keep their phones like-new; and then they still have difficulty selling them.

Good luck!
    libra89 likes this.
    01-05-2017 09:00 AM
    Just like selling a recently released PlayStation or XBox, you have to have it out there before it's available to pretty much everyone. There are hundreds if not thousands of 32gb pixels available online. Nothing really makes yours stand out amongst the others except how low the price is. As others mentioned, no reason for me to buy used when it's basically the retail price. I don't have a warranty on the device if you bought it.
    01-05-2017 09:02 AM
    You don't buy and sell many phones do you. If that's all you lost then you made out good.

There's no money in used tech, it's value drops soon after its release. If you want a phone that keeps its value buy an iPhone.
    Yeah right, this guy is constantly talking about how he buys and resells them. I think he has a problem lol.
    01-05-2017 11:14 AM
    It's funny to look at used cell phones on Craigslist. Around here more than half of them are priced higher than the current new price on Amazon or Craigslist. Good luck with those sales.

Also, talk about not holding value. Look at the Nextbit Robin. Started at $399 last January/February and could be had for $139 on Amazon the other day, less than a year after release. There are used ones on CL for $299 though.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-06-2017 09:27 AM
    I'd buy new unless it was new in unopened box from a reseller.
    anon(9227267) and libra89 like this.
    01-06-2017 04:06 PM
    I'm note thrashing the Pixel but just found it strange how of a PITA it was to sell and the least profitable and yet one of the expensive androids out there. How long has this been out. Forget that I ended only selling it for $750 (CAN) but the numerous of buyers not responding back or not showing up. I expected to make money off it but I got owned. LOL
    Lost $100 owning it for two months. One of the reasons was I regret not waiting for the 128GB and thought I could live with 32GB and I know

I want the OnePlus 3t Soft Gold more so I figured I might as well sell it while it's hot.
    Unfortunately thats how tech works. Once something is second hand, you instantly have to lower the price. Which means losing money. I think you still got a great deal at $750. Sure it's not what you paid for but its better than you not being able to sell it. Next time, learn from this experience and be patient and wait for what you want. #NeverSettle - did you get that?
    01-06-2017 11:58 PM

The only way he'd lose less is if it was still out of stock new, or he had bought it used.

Source: have bought, used, and sold 19 phones in the past 2 years
    libra89 likes this.
    01-07-2017 08:10 AM
    I'm note thrashing the Pixel but just found it strange how of a PITA it was to sell and the least profitable and yet one of the expensive androids out there.

How long has this been out. Forget that I ended only selling it for $750 (CAN) but the numerous of buyers not responding back or not showing up.

One of the reasons was I regret not waiting for the 128GB and thought I could live with 32GB and I know I want the OnePlus 3t Soft Gold more so I figured I might as well sell it while it's hot.
    Unless you stole a phone, bought it subsidized (so paid over 2 years) or sold it the week it wasn't available anywhere. You will never profit on something someone could just go on google store and buy. Second hand is cheaper than retail. The end.
    01-09-2017 10:01 AM
    Unless you stole a phone, bought it subsidized (so paid over 2 years) or sold it the week it wasn't available anywhere. You will never profit on something someone could just go on google store and buy. Second hand is cheaper than retail. The end.
    You just have to be a smart shopper and play the game...and some luck and hard work.I sold a few Moto z play droids for over 10x profit of my purchase price after all promotions.
    Aquila and libra89 like this.
    01-09-2017 02:46 PM