Multiple issues on brand new pixel

dblj840

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I haven't found much insight on the following issues maybe someone who has had them can help before I return the phone.

1. Texts don't always send or receive and I have to sometimes turn it on and off to send.

2. It dropped a call once and locked up with screen on for at least 20min. None of the buttons or screen did anything. It slowly started working again.

3. Night light comes on randomly when its not set to.

4. Status led is erratic. Some apps blink every 2 seconds and some 20 or more.

5. Wifi calling turns itself off all the time in settings. (This is important as I get poor cell reception at work)

6. Smart lock trusted places does not work.

Thanks

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What network are you on?

Do you have a screen protector installed?

How did you setup your Pixel - did you copy from another phone? If so, what phone?

Do you have Location mode set to On/High Accuracy? (Settings -> Location)

One thing always worth trying: Settings -> Wireless & networks -> .. More -> Network settings reset. Note: You will need to re-enter your Wi-Fi passwords and (pretty sure) re-pair any Bluetooth devices.

dblj840

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon

No. Just a incipio case. And yes the original protector was removed.

Didn't copy anything. Had a Droid Turbo.

Yes

I will try resetting the network settings.

Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For smart lock it sometimes hasn't updated your location since it doesn't watch all the time. If you're in a palace you set as trusted and it isn't working just use something that'll ping GPS (like open Google maps for a second) and it'll realize.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I haven't found much insight on the following issues maybe someone who has had them can help before I return the phone.

1. Texts don't always send or receive and I have to sometimes turn it on and off to send.

2. It dropped a call once and locked up with screen on for at least 20min. None of the buttons or screen did anything. It slowly started working again.

3. Night light comes on randomly when its not set to.

4. Status led is erratic. Some apps blink every 2 seconds and some 20 or more.

5. Wifi calling turns itself off all the time in settings. (This is important as I get poor cell reception at work)

6. Smart lock trusted places does not work.

Thanks
Exchange it.

dblj840

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Reset network settings. Had to re enable WiFi calling and 1/2 hour later it had shut itself off again.

I will try opening maps next time smart lock acts up, but my phone is always telling me traffic times to work home ect from where I am so I would assume it knows my location.

Thanks for the feedback

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset. if that don't work, exchange it.

I will just add, after the factory reset, test it thoroughly before installing any of your apps, etc.

There are any number of apps that can cause some of the problems cited. Battery "savers" and "monitors" being prime examples.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If the above suggestions do not resolve the multiple issues you're dealing with, exchange the phone. You really shouldn't be experiencing these problems. You may simply have received a lemon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams