When I try and access my voicemails from the phone app, I am sometimes not able to see my voicemails, and can only see the favorites, contacts and call history tabs. Turning on and off visual voicemail seems to only fix it temporarily.
    jrdfox likes this.
    01-08-2017 03:45 PM
    Does it happen when you go into voicemail? I'm on Verizon and mine always shows up there
    01-08-2017 06:34 PM
    Does it happen when you go into voicemail? I'm on Verizon and mine always shows up there
    It happens when I first open the app. The voicemail tab isn't even there
    jrdfox likes this.
    01-09-2017 05:57 AM
    And you do have visual voicemail correct? What I would do first in this situation is back up my contacts and then uninstall and reinstall the app again. If this is something you've just recently noticed you might want to contact Verizon first to make sure they didn't do anything on their end.

When I got my pixel I do not have to do anything with visual voicemail it was automatically there all of the time. I don't understand what you mean by switching it on and off. I don't have an option to do that with mine
    01-09-2017 08:37 AM
    If you go into Phone app settings, tap Calls, tap Voicemail, there's a switch to toggle Visual Voicemail on or off.
    01-09-2017 09:38 AM
    When I try and access my voicemails from the phone app, I am sometimes not able to see my voicemails, and can only see the favorites, contacts and call history tabs. Turning on and off visual voicemail seems to only fix it temporarily.
    Go into the settings on the dialer and ensure the "voicemail number" is yours. I didn't see voicemail on T-Mobile till I went in and fixed the number to reflect my number rather than whatever random number it had.
    01-09-2017 10:19 AM
    If you go into Phone app settings, tap Calls, tap Voicemail, there's a switch to toggle Visual Voicemail on or off.
    Gotcha. Never knew it was there as I said when I got my phone from Verizon I did not even have to do anything to activate my voicemail. They just all appeared and I was able to keep what I wanted and delete what I did not want. I never really had to go to in depth into the app for any reason
    01-09-2017 12:18 PM
    You may want to try a different voicemail app (not your carrier). I use YouMail app and it's so much better (it does voice to text and a bunch of other stuff too). It's totally Free too.
    01-09-2017 02:50 PM
    You may want to try a different voicemail app (not your carrier). I use YouMail app and it's so much better (it does voice to text and a bunch of other stuff too). It's totally Free too.
    I'll look into it.
    01-09-2017 08:01 PM
    I'm having same issue on my Pixel XL. My wife has the regular Pixel and had issue first. Voicemail icon on phone app next to contacts, starred, and recent calls periodically disappears. Only way to get it back is a power reset. I checked with Pixel support and they wanted me to uninstall apps and then see if it was connected (it's not). Visual Voicemail in settings is on.
    01-18-2017 04:44 PM