Replacement phone is refurbished

Chevalier24

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I received my Pixel XL in December. I began having battery issues shortly after, where my phone was dying at 30 percent. I did a factory reset and a week later it was dying again on 40 percent. I contacted two Google support agents and both stopped responding after I told them my issue. I finally got in touch with a third agent and he recommended taking it back to Verizon since I was still under the extended holiday return policy. At Verizon, they said they didn't have a phone in stock to replace it so they told me to call customer service. After the first rep hung up on me, the second one said that Google should have replaced it. However, he helped anyways and got one shipped to me pretty quickly. The phone just arrived today and I am pretty certain it is refurbished (little scratches on it and a sticker with a date). I have had issues with refurbished phones in the past and I should have been given a brand new one since I am still in the return period. Who wants to pay full price for a used phone when they only had a brand new one for a few weeks? I'm not sure what to do next. I still haven't sent my original phone in because I am not satisfied with this result. Any help or suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Return both Pixel Phones, buy another phone at Verizon Store. A new Samsung, a new LG. Pixel is expensive and if the first one got a battery problem and the second one is a refurbished you must move on with other new phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google's return policy on devices is 15 days .. you say you were within the return period but then said you only had your brand new phone a few weeks? Not trying to call you out but it isn't adding up and may explain why you didn't get a brand new phone.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If you have a problem with a phone while still in the return policy you return it....

Sucks they dont have stock, but do you really want a $1000 refurbrished device?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If you have a problem with a phone while still in the return policy you return it....

Sucks they dont have stock, but do you really want a $1000 refurbrished device?

Agreed. I know the Google Store doesn't send out refurbished devices. I received a replacement 2 weeks ago and it was a brand new device.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I also received a new device fromw the Google store when my original's screen failed.

However, if you bought from Verizon and complained to Verizon, they will send out refurbished devices much more often.

I hope everything eventually works out for you. Good Luck.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I received my Pixel XL in December. I began having battery issues shortly after, where my phone was dying at 30 percent. I did a factory reset and a week later it was dying again on 40 percent. I contacted two Google support agents and both stopped responding after I told them my issue. I finally got in touch with a third agent and he recommended taking it back to Verizon since I was still under the extended holiday return policy. At Verizon, they said they didn't have a phone in stock to replace it so they told me to call customer service. After the first rep hung up on me, the second one said that Google should have replaced it. However, he helped anyways and got one shipped to me pretty quickly. The phone just arrived today and I am pretty certain it is refurbished (little scratches on it and a sticker with a date). I have had issues with refurbished phones in the past and I should have been given a brand new one since I am still in the return period. Who wants to pay full price for a used phone when they only had a brand new one for a few weeks? I'm not sure what to do next. I still haven't sent my original phone in because I am not satisfied with this result. Any help or suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

I've had my pixel since day 1. No real issues except 1. For what we're charged, its a scam, a ripoff. My S7 edge is twice the device. But my daily driver is my ZTE axon7. Fantastic build quality, 64gb on board with micro sd expansion, excellent battery life, a superamoled screen that puts pixel to shame, and the reason bought it, as an audiophile, you can't beat its double dac hifi system with dolby atmos. And it was just rated one of the 10 fastest phones of 2016 beating the pixel.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
He said during the holidays it was extended ;).

I bought a couple devices through Verizon during the holidays, and return window wasn't extended for me. I even made sure to ask and they confirmed it was 14 days. So either he's mistaken or Verizon screwed me over, either of which is plausible.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought a couple devices through Verizon during the holidays, and return window wasn't extended for me. I even made sure to ask and they confirmed it was 14 days. So either he's mistaken or Verizon screwed me over, either of which is plausible.

It could vary per store. That isn't uncommon. Reps in various stores kind of do what they want to get sales.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes but if you purchased a phone over the holidays they have extended return time frame. It's around 30 days. I know because I like many purchased a pixel through Verizon over black Friday and was given until I niece the 1st week of January to exchange or return

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes but if you purchased a phone over the holidays they have extended return time frame. It's around 30 days. I know because I like many purchased a pixel through Verizon over black Friday and was given until I niece the 1st week of January to exchange or return

Same time I bought my Pixel, along with a Network Extender, and I made a point to ask about the return periods on both, and was informed they were both 14 days. I'm not saying you weren't told different, but that's my experience.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
He bought it through Verizon over the holidays and they extend their return period out to around 30 days is what he's saying.

So he needs to take it back to VZW and demand a new phone. Google has nothing to do with this outside of providing the phone to be sold through a carrier. Once the carrier takes delivery of the phone the onus is on the carrier. Don't waste your time calling Google.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon website had notices all over it during December that devices purchased by Christmas could be returned up to January 14th. I received my Pixel on December 13th and I called Verizon and they told me that yes, I had till January 14th to return it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma