My work uses Office 365 (Exchange) for email. I have always used it for contact and calendar sync with all of my "Note" phones with little to no issues.

Since getting my Pixel I noticed a problem. When I add a calendar item in Outlook the item takes several hours to several days to sync. The only way to get it to instantly sync is to go in to the calendar app and "clear data"

I contacted support and they first told me to run in safe mode for a few hours and see if the issue still persists. Nicely enough, they actually sent me a follow-up email and I told them that safe mode did nothing.

Here is their response:

I've checked with our team and would like to inform you that Google Calendar would not sync regularly with Microsoft *office 365.

It would take 2-3 days to sync the events, hence there might be delay.

As office 365 is third party app it might not sync like Gmail. Gmail would only sync regularly when you receive the emails.

The work around for this to Clear the data of the Calendar app.

I would like to note that I am using the Gmail app to sync my calendar through Exchange.

Does anyone see any other work around? I am looking for a true two way sync without having to use Google Calendar. Mostly because I get a lot of invites through my Office 365 email which would force me to use two calendars. Secondly, I really like the familiarity of Outlook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this has been previously discussed. I didn't see anything definitive in the search.
    01-13-2017 11:40 PM
    Microsoft software doesn't work.
    01-14-2017 02:50 AM
    My company uses exchange servers and Outlook 2013 as a standard setup on workstations (not office 365). For me the best solution has been to run GsyncIt on my workstation. I typically keep the workstation logged in and locked though. Not the most elegant solution but it works well, syncing a calendar on my Gmail account with my Outlook calendar on the exchange server.
    Hurleygm likes this.
    01-14-2017 03:09 AM
    I'm a new Pixel XL owner, and I'm trying to sync my office 365 calendar to my Pixel so I can view both my gmail calendar and my work calendar in one place (Business Calendar 2.0). I was having trouble with the Outlook app, so I installed Nine, which worked great (calendar sync included). The problem is, my company is not very high on me using a 3rd party app to connect to email. So I went back to the Outlook app, got it working, and now I can't see my calendar on my phone unless I go into the Outlook app, which is not how I want things to work. I need all my calendars in one place.
    01-19-2017 04:05 PM
    Does the Outlook client sync if you run that?

If thats having problems as well, it would tell your IT dept something rather interesting
    01-19-2017 04:24 PM
    The only thing listed under the account is contacts. I remember in previous times I would have multiple options to choose from.
    01-19-2017 05:58 PM
    I got it to to work. I had to go into "add account" and add the account there as an "exchange" account. I turned off sync except for the calendar. Technically, I could get the email in my gmail app by selecting the account from the dropdown, but I don't plan on doing that. Once I got this account added and the calendar sync'd, I was all set.
    01-20-2017 09:53 AM
    I use Gmail for my works office 365.
    01-21-2017 07:24 AM
    I have tried a few email apps and would rather use the outlook app but since I have the same issue with the calendar sync I switched to blue mail. Yes it is a third party email app but it does what I need. I would use gmail for my work email but I use that for my personal email and it just makes things messy when I want to switch between accounts. I am hoping to find a better solution at some point but for now this setup works for me.
    01-23-2017 05:59 PM
    I have a Pixel XL with the latest GMAIL app. I use it for 3 gmail accounts and 1 office 365 (exchange) account and I am constantly losing sync with my office 365 calendar and contacts. It just stops syncing and I cannot find a way to restart it except to delete the account and then reinstall the entire account. Trouble is it is working for less and less time each time I install it. I reinstalled last night and by this afternoon calendar and contacts both stopped syncing. I am trying Blue Mail right now, which seems to be working but I would much rather use the native Google gmail app.

Any real news on how to solve this?
    05-21-2017 07:39 PM
    I have a Pixel XL with the latest GMAIL app. I use it for 3 gmail accounts and 1 office 365 (exchange) account and I am constantly losing sync with my office 365 calendar and contacts. It just stops syncing and I cannot find a way to restart it except to delete the account and then reinstall the entire account. Trouble is it is working for less and less time each time I install it. I reinstalled last night and by this afternoon calendar and contacts both stopped syncing. I am trying Blue Mail right now, which seems to be working but I would much rather use the native Google gmail app.

Any real news on how to solve this?
    I know you said you want to use the native Gmail app but I would use either Outlook app or Nine for exchange for awesome​ O365 or exchange experience. Prefer Outlook but Nine for exchange app is great as well and it syncs the calendar with main phone calendar as well where as Outlook app has its own calendar.
    05-21-2017 08:11 PM
    The last few releases of GMail has been full of bugs. I don't have sync problems. But, I get no alerts for incoming emails.
    05-22-2017 09:45 AM