Trade display LCD screen + touch screen

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys, today, in a horrible day, my wife just crack my pixel screen, but the touch still works. What do you guys recommend?

If I get the display LCD screen + touch screen from eBay, the resolution of the display will change or will be the same?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys, today, in a horrible day, my wife just crack my pixel screen, but the touch still works. What do you guys recommend?

If I get the display LCD screen + touch screen from eBay, the resolution of the display will change or will be the same?

If you are able to get an OEM replacement then the display will be the same. If it's not OEM, meaning, it's third-party then quality may not be exactly the same. I'd check the reviews before purchasing and installing. Here's iFixit's teardown/repair video. They rate it at a 7 (10 being easy), but make some notes about the fragility of the screen when opening it up.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Google+Pixel+XL+Teardown/71237

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Hey, I'm assuming you typed LCD by mistake since the Pixels use AMOLED tech for their displays. Figured I'd mention it since eBay sellers sometimes screw up the listings and say a component will work with a device when it won't. Good luck and hope it turns out OK.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's my understanding that UBreakIFix is authorized for Pixel and Pixel XL repairs. Given the cost of these phones, I think I would at least check out that option before tackling a do it yourself repair.

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replys, probably I will order some components from ebay and pay for someone else to fix it. I don't know if Google sell those peaces separately, maybe just in this case I will get OEM.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes, and it's very reasonably priced. $129.99 for a screen replacement I believe. And they are authorized by google, so I assume you will get OEM parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463