How scratched up are your fingerprint scanners by now?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my pixel from launch and there's one small thing that's driving me insane. The abundance of hairline scratches on my fingerprint sensor (first world problem I know) the scanner still works just as great as it did when I got it with the exception of all the scratches. Meanwhile the larger window of glass on the back is in damn near perfect condition. It's been In a case constantly. How can just the sensor be scratching, is it made of a different type of glass? And how is everyone else's holding up?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Ive got two to three on mine. The glass panel is a different story. Probably around a thousand scratches on the glass.

Scratches occur if you try to keep cleaning the surface with just about anything. So avoid cleaning the glass part on the back including the fps.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
how r u even scratching it?? its not like the FPS is flat surfaced.

I have used 6p for 2 years and i have no scratches. I make sure i dont put keys or anything in my pocket with my phone.

maybe you should do that

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
None here. I keep mine in a Spigen case, so the FPS is a bit more recessed, but it's in my pocket with keys, change, etc. all day.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a scratch anywhere on my Pixel and hope it stays that way. I've always had a full screen tempered glass and slim case on since day one.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Mine is always in a case too with a tempered glass screen protector, but had to take it out yesterday to swap SIMs. The rear glass and fingerprint scanner are still in great shape, no noticeable scratches, but there was a scratch on the one side beside the screen. Don't know how it go there, and its probably only noticeable because my phone is black.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Not a scratch on mine

No scratches here!

No scratches on mine..........

No scratches on mine.

Not a scratch on mine.

No scratches on mine, been in a case since day 1

In the same boat as these people. No scratches on it. I would advise maybe putting a case on your device? sometimes if you leave your pixel lying around it gets scratched on small pieces of dust. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol