02-02-2017 10:29 AM
30 12
tools
    Coming from IPhone 7, and the battery life on this phone is just horrible compared to previous phones I've had. iPhone 7 recently, S7 before that.. Just based off of the reviews , I was expecting something a little better than say the S7 .
    01-28-2017 01:34 AM
    Coming from IPhone 7, and the battery life on this phone is just horrible compared to previous phones I've had. iPhone 7 recently, S7 before that.. Just based off of the reviews , I was expecting something a little better than say the S7 .
    How about providing us with some examples? How do you use the phone? Is it a regular Pixel or XL? Screenshots of battery performance?
    01-28-2017 05:41 AM
    Just found a great setting:

Data Saver
    after enabling found battery life improved.
    Try it.
    Good Luck
    01-28-2017 06:53 AM
    I am loving the battery life on my XL...I consistently get 6 hrs SOT
    01-28-2017 07:24 AM
    I am loving the battery life on my XL...I consistently get 6 hrs SOT
    I'm not quite there on my XL but close. The other day I had almost 5 hours SOT on a charge that lasted 1 day and 9 hours. That's pretty good for me. I'm somewhat of a heavy user.
    jamezr likes this.
    01-28-2017 07:44 AM
    Maybe reboot? And start fresh.
    01-28-2017 10:40 AM
    Do you have a XL or regular Pixel?
    01-28-2017 11:07 AM
    iPhone 7 better battery? Probably yes compared to small pixel. S7 is the worst. Pixel XL having a bigger battery is better than those but little less than iPhone 7 plus and almost same as S7 edge.
    01-28-2017 11:22 AM
    I'm using a Pixel and I can squeeze out about 5 hours SOT, plenty good for me.
    ElronTheElder likes this.
    01-28-2017 11:24 AM
    I was going to post about battery life.... So I finally took my XL to a concert. When I left the house about 12:30 I made sure I was at 100%. In the past, with my Note 4 - I would have to use a mophie to charge, so that I could take pics etc.

My daughter used up my mophie to get up to 93% last night to survive on her S7 Edge. I know by the end of the evening - our phones had about the same amount of battery life - in the 60% range. But hers was charged and mine was NOT. She may have taken a few more pics and video than I did. But I did use my phone a lot. I also had faster data speeds than she did (she is on our plan). After almost 24 hours since last charge, I am at 35%.....

The XL battery is like the energizer bunny.... keeps on ticking....
    mwest316 and vpblaze like this.
    01-28-2017 11:51 AM
    I love my pixel XL battery life. I'm at almost 4 hours SOT and I still got 42℅ left.
    01-28-2017 04:16 PM

I get excellent battery life with this phone.
    01-28-2017 04:38 PM
    My regular Pixel blows my iPhone 7 Plus out of the water in terms of battery life.
    01-28-2017 05:11 PM
    Why do threads like this always seem to quickly escalate into a pissing match over screen on times with no relevant information about how those times are achieved?

To the OP, posting as many screen shots of battery screens and app lists on the battery screen can help others give you suggestions. My first thoughts are 1) check the battery screen for the list of apps and what usage they have, 2) then tap the battery graph and check the detailed graph - look for long wake times and signal strength, look at the slope of the graph as well to find patterns between high drain periods vs signal strength or wifi usage etc. Between these two things you may be able to determine if your issue is more one of an application/service taking too much CPU/wake time vs having poor signal.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-28-2017 06:39 PM
    Hard to beat the standby time of the iPhones. I have an iPhone 7 and a Pixel and love them both but the iPhone, in all honesty, just slays the Pixel when in idle. Screen on Time is also advantage iPhone but not by as much.

The Pixel is probably the best Android phone as far as battery life is concerned but there are so many rogue and runaway (and legit) processes running on Android phones compared to locked down iPhones that they will never deliver the battery performance Apple can.

That said, you are trading battery life for considerably more flexibility and many more features so for many, that's a trade worth making.
    rong21 likes this.
    01-28-2017 10:36 PM
    Hard to beat the standby time of the iPhones. I have an iPhone 7 and a Pixel and love them both but the iPhone, in all honesty, just slays the Pixel when in idle. Screen on Time is also advantage iPhone but not by as much.

The Pixel is probably the best Android phone as far as battery life is concerned but there are so many rogue and runaway (and legit) processes running on Android phones compared to locked down iPhones that they will never deliver the battery performance Apple can.

That said, you are trading battery life for considerably more flexibility and many more features so for many, that's a trade worth making.
    In terms of best battery life on an Android phone, the Moto Z Play would beg to differ. I know it's a midrange and may lack in some areas, but it blows any iPhone and Pixel out out of the water on battery longevity.
    Techno-guy, benjaminh and codeda like this.
    01-29-2017 11:34 AM
    I'm getting good battery life with my Pixel with my normal use, weirdly though it seems to go through battery more on standby. If I go to bed with 100% when I wake up in the morning it's at about 85%.
    01-29-2017 01:06 PM
    Yea thats a bit odd I dont really lose that much on standby. Try resetting battery optimization maybe. I have the regular pixel and get between 5h 15mins to 5.5 hrs of screen time which I think is fantastic. Normal use easily lasts a day sometimes into half of the following day.
    01-29-2017 02:31 PM
    I'm sorry you are experiencing this, OP. A few tips/questions:

- have you tried using a Facebook-alternative app, such as a browser version?
    - is your location, Bluetooth, data, etc. turned off at night while you are sleeping? Doing this will aid in stopping battery drain while you sleep.
    - do you game a lot, or watch a lot of videos, Netflix, etc.?
    - has your phone always had this battery discharge issue (i.e., since time of purchase); or has it gotten worse over time?
    01-29-2017 05:14 PM
    Yea thats a bit odd I dont really lose that much on standby. Try resetting battery optimization maybe. I have the regular pixel and get between 5h 15mins to 5.5 hrs of screen time which I think is fantastic. Normal use easily lasts a day sometimes into half of the following day.
    Thanks I'll try that. Again yesterday the battery life was great while I was at work and away from a charger for about 11 hours. Made it home with over 60%! Charged it up before going to bed and when I woke up it was down to 83%.
    01-30-2017 01:27 PM
    First off, I don't think people sharing their experiences rises to the level of a "pissing match". It is helpful for the OP to know that not everyone seems to have the same problem.

Secondly, if you are experiencing more than a percent of use with the phone sitting on the dresser overnight--and you don't live on a boat in the middle of rough seas--then you need to report the experience to Google, you may have a bad phone. And that is without turning off services such as bluetooth and WiFi. First though, you should check the battery graph and related information to see what is using the battery. You may have an app that is misbehaving.

Third, and final, without more info, troubleshooting by the forum is like finding ants in a dark room. You might stumble upon them, and you might notice when you do, but its not that easy. Some things the OP can try if not already tried is restarting, running in safe mode awhile and comparing, factory resetting and loading apps with some testing time in-between each app. All that though should come after what has already been said about looking in settings, battery at the graph and other information. I never have to charge my phone until I go to bed at night--I'm not a heavy user, I don't do videos on the phone, or games, but I do some reading over lunch.
    01-30-2017 02:45 PM
    Pound for pound, and in my experiences, the Pixel has had the best battery life of any phone I have ever used. Also, why did the OP just disappear? I swear so many of these threads are to just get people riled up.
    WClark57 likes this.
    01-30-2017 04:25 PM
    First off, I don't think people sharing their experiences rises to the level of a "pissing match". It is helpful for the OP to know that not everyone seems to have the same problem.
    You're right, the posts prove good battery life is possible to someone seeking just that information . . .My intention in making the statement is to draw attention to the fact that SOT posts alone are not going to help someone achieve better battery life if they already know that they have an issue.

For this particular thread after revisiting the first post I'm not so sure if the OP is looking to actually solve an issue, so I think you're more spot on in this case than I am.
    01-31-2017 01:46 AM
    My regular Pixel blows my iPhone 7 Plus out of the water in terms of battery life.
    No, no it doesn't: Battery life tests - GSMArena.com Not even close.
    01-31-2017 04:15 AM
    No, no it doesn't: Battery life tests - GSMArena.com Not even close.
    Well he said his PIxel's life VS his iPhones -- Not GSMArena battery life . Not sure how a battery tests applies to someones personal uses 100% of the time. If battery tests went off my phone usage all phones would suck since I can drop most phones to 30-40% before lunch :P.
    popkurn611 likes this.
    01-31-2017 11:27 AM
30 12