7.1.2 Beta sign up page.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, since updating to 7.1.2, my Google feed has quit working right. I have to either reboot or force stop the Google app to make it show the cards. Anybody else seeing this?

Mine has been doing this for a few weeks and I'm not on the 7.1.2 beta so it may just be an issue with Nougat.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who with 7.1.2 get the security patch for Feb? My son's pixel running 7.1.1 got it. My xl is on the beta test and nothing. I am all for getting to test new features and helping spot bugs is great but not at the cost of security in general.

Your not alone. Since going the beta test route I have not received the February security update either.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
One would think if it was beta we would get some features to test that are not available yet. But it's the other way around as we are the last to get them lol

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
LOL!!! I read a few places the security update finally had the radio problems fixed. But, no one responded that installed it whether they had radio problems before or after the update. Guess we'll find out when you get the next beta. You could quit the beta and install it, DJM626. But it will cause a factory reset.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LOL!!! I read a few places the security update finally had the radio problems fixed. But, no one responded that installed it whether they had radio problems before or after the update. Guess we'll find out when you get the next beta. You could quit the beta and install it, DJM626. But it will cause a factory reset.
Well I believe it's confirmed.. I'll be swapping Friday so .. we shall see

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

What radio problems? I'm on the 7.1.2 and didn't have radio problems before or after the beta. Also, I'm sorry to ask a dumb question, but what is this issue with the hollow bar? What exactly is a hollow bar? Can someone explain?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question for us on BETA...

I recently started having an issue that occurs during a phone call...

When I make a call or receive a call, I answer... All is good.... Then after a minute or two, the call drops to speaker phone for some reason.... when I look at the screen, the speakerphone icon is not activated... Now, if I select speakerphone icon during that call, it highlights and the call stays on speakerphone... but if then turn off the speakerphone icon, the phone switches back to the headset speaker as normal and I'm good for the remainder of the call.

This also happens when I am connected to my bluetooth car speaker... Example... I am listening to music or podcast in the car through bluetooth... a call comes in and I answer... all is good.... Then, the call will divert to speakerphone.... after the call is complete, the music or podcast resumes through bluetooth as normal...

Anyone else have this issue?

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Here's a question for us on BETA...

I recently started having an issue that occurs during a phone call...

When I make a call or receive a call, I answer... All is good.... Then after a minute or two, the call drops to speaker phone for some reason.... when I look at the screen, the speakerphone icon is not activated... Now, if I select speakerphone icon during that call, it highlights and the call stays on speakerphone... but if then turn off the speakerphone icon, the phone switches back to the headset speaker as normal and I'm good for the remainder of the call.

This also happens when I am connected to my bluetooth car speaker... Example... I am listening to music or podcast in the car through bluetooth... a call comes in and I answer... all is good.... Then, the call will divert to speakerphone.... after the call is complete, the music or podcast resumes through bluetooth as normal...

Anyone else have this issue?
this would be very embarrassing if you are talking some private stuff..^^' luckily I didn't encounter this situation yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am curious if anyone has got the February security patch while on beta? I have yet to get it.
Security patch updates don't happen on beta. The live is on March.

The only time it updates is when they update the beta itself.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I just got my Pixel XL on wednesday and was debating on enrolling in the beta program as I was on it for my S7 Edge with the nougat update. But with how quick this phone is going to get stable updates I think I am going to bypass the beta stage this time around and stick with a stable release of android. This is my first pure android device, how long is it usually for a software version to go from beta to final?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I dropped the beta and went to the March 7.1.1. Didn't gain anything by being on the beta, except a couple of annoying bugs. So no point in my book.