7.1.2 Beta sign up page.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I dropped the beta and went to the March 7.1.1. Didn't gain anything by being on the beta, except a couple of annoying bugs. So no point in my book.

That's kind of what I was thinking would end up happening with the beta. It's not like we are going from 7.1.1 to 8.0 it just an incremental update so no major feature changes, that I am aware of at least, that would make it worth dealing with a buggy system.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question for us on BETA...

I recently started having an issue that occurs during a phone call...

When I make a call or receive a call, I answer... All is good.... Then after a minute or two, the call drops to speaker phone for some reason.... when I look at the screen, the speakerphone icon is not activated... Now, if I select speakerphone icon during that call, it highlights and the call stays on speakerphone... but if then turn off the speakerphone icon, the phone switches back to the headset speaker as normal and I'm good for the remainder of the call.

This also happens when I am connected to my bluetooth car speaker... Example... I am listening to music or podcast in the car through bluetooth... a call comes in and I answer... all is good.... Then, the call will divert to speakerphone.... after the call is complete, the music or podcast resumes through bluetooth as normal...

Anyone else have this issue?

I believe that this has been mentioned before and yes happens to me as well. Unfortunately when I got my replacement device (dropped my original) I signed up for the beta forgetting about this issue. So will wait it out vs resetting my device.

dpeters11

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I dropped the beta and went to the March 7.1.1. Didn't gain anything by being on the beta, except a couple of annoying bugs. So no point in my book.

Yeah, I'm probably not going to do any more betas...this was the first time I did an Android beta and I honestly was expecting there to be beta updates. Not a whole lot of point when you only get one beta, any issues someone might run across could have been fixed a month ago.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm probably not going to do any more betas...this was the first time I did an Android beta and I honestly was expecting there to be beta updates. Not a whole lot of point when you only get one beta, any issues someone might run across could have been fixed a month ago.

Think I'll go back to 7.1.1 as well. It seems that a few things got fixed in the security updates for Feb that haven't been addressed in the beta, mainly the speaker static issue.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I have a question. If I sign up for the Beta and want to get to the stable version again do I have to do a factory reset and set my phone up all over again?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
There is an update to the beta now. It should have both the Feb. and March security updates. I'm downloading and installing now.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Currently downloading BETA update - 7.1.2 (NPG47I) - This appears to be an update to the previous beta which was 7.1.2 (NPG05E) - File size weights in at 328.9mb on my Google Play model on the Verizon Network.

Not much in the notes... So, who knows what lies under the hood!

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
There is an update to the beta now. It should have both the Feb. and March security updates. I'm downloading and installing now.

So mine is now installed. I have a Google Play Pixel on the Verizon Network. The install was 323.8mb. It does have the March security update.

Last edited:

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else getting duplicate sms messages? Almost all of my incoming messages come in twice. Tried switching to signal to see if it was an issue with the messages app, but the same thing happens

Mungus99

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else getting duplicate sms messages? Almost all of my incoming messages come in twice. Tried switching to signal to see if it was an issue with the messages app, but the same thing happens

Single messages here on signal. 7.1.2 beta2. Pixel XL

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Single messages here on signal. 7.1.2 beta2. Pixel XL

I'm now noticing it only happens when on WiFi.

I'm on Rogers in Canada and don't have wifi calling on this device (in fact the option was removed in beta 2 to even try to set it up) so I don't think k it has anything to do with that.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks

Had my Pixel XL for 2 days now (EE UK) , its on NOF27B Stock (711), no root and it shut down today when it hit 35% and wouldnt boot till I connected the charger..

However, Ive read online that the 712 Beta fixes this shutdown on the XL, can anyone confirm this is the case?. and how stable is the latest Berta 2 build?

Thanks

Mungus99

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks

Had my Pixel XL for 2 days now (EE UK) , its on NOF27B Stock (711), no root and it shut down today when it hit 35% and wouldnt boot till I connected the charger..

However, Ive read online that the 712 Beta fixes this shutdown on the XL, can anyone confirm this is the case?. and how stable is the latest Berta 2 build?

Thanks

I've been on the beta 2 since release. It's been very stable for me. I guess others may think differently, mostly do to with individual apps installed.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been on the beta 2 since release. It's been very stable for me. I guess others may think differently, mostly do to with individual apps installed.

Thats good to hear.. I know Beta releases arent necessarily stable, however, my XL suffers from this common "shutdown" issue affecting some devices .. and ide like to fix it.. Did your XL suffer from "shutdown" bug?

Mungus99

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thats good to hear.. I know Beta releases arent necessarily stable, however, my XL suffers from this common "shutdown" issue affecting some devices .. and ide like to fix it.. Did your XL suffer from "shutdown" bug?

Negative. I guess I was fortunate. And I got one of the first batches of XL shipped to the Northeast