Help with Pixel XL issues

c42480

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
First off I'm coming from an iPhone 7 plus. I really like the Pixel but there are 2 things that may make me go back to my iPhone if they can't be fixed. First I'm on AT&T. My iPhone would get 1 bar but at my work but never drop out. On the Pixel I can't get a signal most of the time. I have done a factory reset to see if it is the issue and it changes nothing.
Next is the Bluetooth. I have tried 6 different Bluetooth devices (nissan truck, AirPods, lg tone, Polk sound bar, denon receiver, and Bose qc35) and it seems every time I get a notification (email, face book, test message, phone call) the volume will be cut by about 75% and the only way to get it back to normal is to turn the Bluetooth off and back on. Any help would be great as I would like to keep this phone I like the interface much better than apples.

c42480

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I saw that but mine had no signal most of the day. I'm not sure if they just have weak antennas or if there is something that can be done to improve it. I do not think that a software fix will fix this. My coworker has a silver one and wen we put my sim in it same signal issue if we put his verizon sim in mine it gets great signal. Like I said my iPhone 7 had weak signal but always has signal.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I saw that but mine had no signal most of the day. I'm not sure if they just have weak antennas or if there is something that can be done to improve it. I do not think that a software fix will fix this. My coworker has a silver one and wen we put my sim in it same signal issue if we put his verizon sim in mine it gets great signal. Like I said my iPhone 7 had weak signal but always has signal.
I think you answered your question. Changing the sim out fixes the problem, putting your sim in his phone causes his phone to lose signal. Your issue isn't the phone, it's the sim. Get it replaced.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you answered your question. Changing the sim out fixes the problem, putting your sim in his phone causes his phone to lose signal. Your issue isn't the phone, it's the sim. Get it replaced.
My impression was that he may have proved that the sensitivity of the antenna for the particular frequency required for AT&T in his area is poor on the Pixel. Like he said, both pixels exhibit poor signal on AT&T where he is and both exhibit adequate signal on Verizon. After all, poor signal was a preexisting issue for him with an iPhone just not as bad.

Worth a shot switching SIM but my understanding is that generally they don't affect signal strength, connectivity to a carrier network yes but weak signal no.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like ATT is weak there. Is there a wifi option in that work place? Wifi calling could be turned on. Other than that sounds like iPhone does better at picking up the weaker ATT signal.

c42480

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to go the wifi calling route but att will not allow it on the Pixel. I was told by att that I have to buy an att phone that sell, they are the only phones that support wifi calling on att. I heard it had better signal than the iPhone and I hoped it was true. I did swap out the sim with a new one at att and I'd did not change anything.
Thanks for your help

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to go the wifi calling route but att will not allow it on the Pixel. I was told by att that I have to buy an att phone that sell, they are the only phones that support wifi calling on att. I heard it had better signal than the iPhone and I hoped it was true. I did swap out the sim with a new one at att and I'd did not change anything.
Thanks for your help

Yep the rep was right. AT&T restricts it on the Pixel -- no WiFi calling or VoLTE even though they could (since T-Mobile does).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown