Exchange Email Server Issue

adavyhou

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I cant seem to get any email app to connect to my Exchange email server. I have tried Gmail, MailWise, Outlook, myMail and several others. All the apps say i dont have permission to sync wit:(:'(h this server. BUT i have been putting the same details in that i have in my Galaxy s6 and ipad (they work fine).

One app seems to be able to talk to my Exchange server, BlueMail, but it cant sync my contacts... Says this feature will only work exchange accounts using active sync. But i have tried to get active sync to work and it never does.

So i have this amazing new pixel, but no way to call, text, whatsap or email anyone to tell them about it.

Anyone out there got any ideas for me?

Cheers,
Andy

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked if your Exchange Server allows for more than two mobile devices to be syncing? Some companies restrict this...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you found your problem! Weird thing is, though, most clients SHOULD tell you that the reason for not being able to connect is because you've linked too many devices.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Glad you found your problem! Weird thing is, though, most clients SHOULD tell you that the reason for not being able to connect is because you've linked too many devices.

You would think they would tell you, but they don't. As soon as the OP described his problem I knew exactly it was the 10 device limit so I'm glad the answer was found.

I run into that all the time.. no apps will tell you you've hit your 10 device limit... It's annoying and I can only assume Microsoft isn't passing that error to the clients or somebody would have added that to their clients by now.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You would think they would tell you, but they don't. As soon as the OP described his problem I knew exactly it was the 10 device limit so I'm glad the answer was found.

I run into that all the time.. no apps will tell you you've hit your 10 device limit... It's annoying and I can only assume Microsoft isn't passing that error to the clients or somebody would have added that to their clients by now.

Mmm... I could swear my Note 5's stock app and Nine did tell me that was the reason. Or maybe it was an e-mail form my server? Mmm... But I definitively didn't have to look for this error; I got it as a warning somewhere after my company limit was reached (ours is 4 overall devices, including computers).

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... I could swear my Note 5's stock app and Nine did tell me that was the reason. Or maybe it was an e-mail form my server? Mmm... But I definitively didn't have to look for this error; I got it as a warning somewhere after my company limit was reached (ours is 4 overall devices, including computers).

Yeah, you could be totally right. I shouldn't say 'no apps' because I've not used them all. :) I just know in my experience that is one of the first things I look for when a user gets a vague error like that. Usually that user is me because I'm always messing with new devices. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney