Loud connection noise during phone calls

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had this so called "issue" since I got the pixel and I can't pinpoint why it occurs some times and why it doesn't. If I make a call and someone answers I'll hear a noise almost a piercing connection noise. I just called someone and right before their voicemail came on I got the connection noise. I wish I can impersonate it on here but that is kind of impossible.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm - I can't say I have an issue like that. I have a beep when the hangup occurs but that is it.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Happens sometimes on my iPhone and my wife's S7 edge. It isn't a phone problem, it's a network thing. I'm on AT&T, too.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't happen all the time, but it does sometimes. And usually when one phone is on Bluetooth.
Yep you're 100% right that it has to do with Bluetooth. So so odd. It never happened on my other devices and usually happens twice a day sporadically when my phone call connects and someone on the other end is on Bluetooth or visa versa.

rserda

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Pixel 2 XL last week... I have the SAME exact problem when making a call... when the call is answered there's a LOUD PIERCING squawking sound.. like an old school walkie-talkie.. AHHH!!

So I queried this on Google and here I am.

I agree with the last few posts... actually.. I get the sound when I'M called AND one of the phones are on Bluetooth.. AND I'm on AT&T!? I've had all the Nexus phones up to the N5 and was rolling on the Samsung S7... have NEVER had this problem before the Pixel 2 XL.

I'll have to make a few calls to NON-Bluetooth connected phones and see if I get this... REALLY annoying!! :/

rserda

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Update on this... I just placed several calls to non-BT users... clean as a whistle.. no issues encountered.

Looks like it's definitely pointing to something BT related.

yhwhtlc

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
Yes!!! And yeah I'm on at&t too...What is that?!?!?!
. I also have AT&T prepaid, Samsung Galaxy S9, I started getting this "beeop" sound couple months ago, it would happen randomly. On some calls it would happen, once,, other calls, all the time,, occasionally it would take the audio away.... I can give you the whole details of what I did to resolve this, undoing this, uninstalling that, change settings,, calling ATT support, calling Samsung support,,, I discovered what was happening on my own.
I have 2 devices paired & connected through settings/bluetooth, Samsung Gear Fitbit Pro 2 smartwatch and an old AT&T wireless/bluetooth 6.0 answering machine system with one wireless extension, the phone is approx 10 years old. When a call would come into my cell phone the 6.0 landline phone would ring as well in the house- I am hearing impaired so I needed that and I could answer the call using the 6.0. I turned off the call ability setting on my cell phone, still got the beeop.. I unpaired both devices,, nothing, I turned off the settings bluetooth, nothing.... so obviously it was one of those 2 devices, or so I thought, it ended up being both of them. I did a factory reset on the Smartwatch,,, and unplugged the 6.0, because leaving it on, the cell phone would keep scanning & tried to connect. I have had around 10 phone calls since doing that,,, and have not received the beeop/call interruption anymore. I am not totally sure what was happening, only to assume it may have started from the 6.0 phone possibly interfering with the RF on the smartwatch or smartphone and the cell phone could not understand which device to send the call to. I will probably go buy a new house phone.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Me and my wife are on AT&T..... been with them for about 23 years, and use Bluetooth exclusively on our phones. We've never come across that problem on multiple phones over the years. I'm wondering if there's other factors at work besides just Bluetooth and AT&T?