Pixel Ebay listing as "Project Fi only" ?

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Having problems wrapping my head around a Project Fi only Pixel [clean esn].

What exactly does that mean?
Radios would still have to work.
One Pixel I bought on ebay would not be activated on Project Fi for ownership issues.
This it totally different.
Maybe I'm just being dense.
Help me out here.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Having problems wrapping my head around a Project Fi only Pixel [clean esn].

What exactly does that mean?
Radios would still have to work.
One Pixel I bought on ebay would not be activated on Project Fi for ownership issues.
This it totally different.
Maybe I'm just being dense.
Help me out here.

It should work if it is a clean ESN. Any carrier's sim should work just fine. Now if they financed the phone and didn't make payments then there could be potential issues but if it's paid in full you wouldn't have any issues.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
It should work if it is a clean ESN. Any carrier's sim should work just fine. Now if they financed the phone and didn't make payments then there could be potential issues but if it's paid in full you wouldn't have any issues.

Thanks.
What does it mean "Project Fi Only"?
I don't get it.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Project Fi is a carrier that uses Sprint and T-Mobile towers. You pay for each GB you use. It's a great deal if you don't use much data.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Project Fi is a carrier that uses Sprint and T-Mobile towers. You pay for each GB you use. It's a great deal if you don't use much data.

Thanks.
I get that.
If it works for T-M, U.S. Cellular and Sprint why is it "Project Fi only"?
That is the part I don't understand.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.
I get that.
If it works for T-M, U.S. Cellular and Sprint why is it "Project Fi only"?
That is the part I don't understand.

They may be saying that because they originally got the phone from Google for the purposes of using it on Google's Project Fi. At the same time the phone is not Project Fi only. Any carriers sim will work. It's an unlocked phone just as if you were to get the phone from Verizon and put in a different carriers sim.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
They may be saying that because they originally got the phone from Google for the purposes of using it on Google's Project Fi. At the same time the phone is not Project Fi only. Any carriers sim will work. It's an unlocked phone just as if you were to get the phone from Verizon and put in a different carriers sim.

That kinda makes sense.
Just, why would "Project Fi Only" be highlighted as it's a MAJOR limitation.
Also listed the color as "white", the pictures showed a silver Pixel.
It will be utilized on Project Fi. So a moot point, still.....seems weird.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That kinda makes sense.
Just, why would "Project Fi Only" be highlighted as it's a MAJOR limitation.
Also listed the color as "white", the pictures showed a silver Pixel.
It will be utilized on Project Fi. So a moot point, still.....seems weird.

I ordered mine through Fi but ended up just throwing my T-Mobile SIM in it. No problems. Seller is evidently uneducated as to the unlocked nature of the Pixels, and reducing the pool of buyers by those similarly uninformed - possibly to your benefit.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine through Fi but ended up just throwing my T-Mobile SIM in it. No problems. Seller is evidently uneducated as to the unlocked nature of the Pixels, and reducing the pool of buyers by those similarly uninformed - possibly to your benefit.

Thanks.
This makes the most sense.
Bought it for less than New.....still quite a bit of cash. [$500]
It was an LLC...
We shall see.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel Ebay listing as "Project Fi only" ?

May be they financed thru project fi. What happens if the seller stop paying for the phone? Make sure you enquire and find out if it's paid out or on some payment plan. Not sure if Google blacklist phones if payments are not made but other carriers do for their phones. It's a common scam, selling phones on payment plan and then they stop paying. Always be wary if you are getting a good price. Ask the right questions and ask for proof to show the phone is fully paid or bought outright, otherwise you may end up in trouble later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance