My wife's '13 Moto X and my Nexus 5 both are showing their age so we've been looking at the Pixel. We both wanted the blue 5" one and it's always been out of stock... Well tonight it's in stock! So we've two on the way. I've decided if I'm going to use a case I want a clear one (why buy the blue phone and hide it?).

Tempted to go naked but scratching the rear glass is not something I want.

Recommendations on a good clear case?
    Matty likes this.
    02-23-2017 08:54 PM
    Sweet. It's a great phone! I'd say the speck presidio clear one if you want some good protection. If you want thinner I'd say check spigens offerings you can never go wrong with them. Enjoy the phones me and my wife sure do!
    02-23-2017 09:09 PM
    Spigen makes a nice case and I have used it on my Pixel, but the feel of using my Pixel naked is just so good. You aren't going to scratch it up. Try it without the case.
    02-24-2017 12:04 AM
    +1 for Spigen. I also love UAG
    vividrich likes this.
    02-24-2017 03:17 AM
    Spigen makes a nice case and I have used it on my Pixel, but the feel of using my Pixel naked is just so good. You aren't going to scratch it up. Try it without the case.
    My chief concern is the back glass getting scratched. That seems to be a common complaint (of course that's not necessarily the same as a common occurrence...) Otherwise I'd be much more inclined not to put a case on it.
    02-24-2017 05:30 AM
    Sweet. It's a great phone! I'd say the speck presidio clear one if you want some good protection. If you want thinner I'd say check spigens offerings you can never go wrong with them. Enjoy the phones me and my wife sure do!
    Yah definitely looking to go thin as possible; I can probably count on one hand the times I've dropped the Nexus in 3 years.I'll look into the Spigen!

I'm looking forward to not being infuriated by the camera. The N5 has been the best phone I've ever had.....but life's too short to be annoyed by my phone. Or by my wife complaining about hers haha.
    02-24-2017 05:30 AM
    Until the day you drop it
    02-24-2017 06:17 AM
    I owned the spek presedio and while it showed off the blue nicely it was the slipperiest case I've ever owned. Dropped my first pixel twice with that case . Using a uag case now which is awesome and grippy
    02-24-2017 09:49 AM
    My wife's '13 Moto X and my Nexus 5 both are showing their age so we've been looking at the Pixel. We both wanted the blue 5" one and it's always been out of stock... Well tonight it's in stock! So we've two on the way. I've decided if I'm going to use a case I want a clear one (why buy the blue phone and hide it?).

Tempted to go naked but scratching the rear glass is not something I want.

Recommendations on a good clear case?
    Speigen makes one think it is an ultra hybrid and the blue case is a near perfect color match, with clear cutouts. Really nice case, adds some width though, and it is noticeable.
    02-24-2017 12:50 PM
    Speigen makes one think it is an ultra hybrid and the blue case is a near perfect color match, with clear cutouts. Really nice case, adds some width though, and it is noticeable.
    I'm extremely happy with the Spigen ultra Hybrid. Grippy, clarity of back excellent to show off the color and not too bulky. Great case......
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    02-24-2017 01:55 PM
    I too own the blue 32gb pixel. I'm crazy about the color! I sometimes wish I had the XL variant but it is comfortable to be able to reach all edges of the phone with one hand.
    As for cases, I considered the spigen ultra hybrid but wanted to avoid bulk so I went with the slim version and purchased it from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0FIY5N/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c_x_2_w
    Definitely not expensive, and not slippery (at least to me). Unless you're prone to dropping your phone I highly recommend this case.

If you also wish to protect the glass I recommend this tempered glass screen protector: https://www.amazon.com/Google-Protector-Version-Yootech-Tempered/dp/B01MPY1RPC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488132715&sr=8-3&keywords=pixel+tempered+glass

I've had my phone since December and still not a scratch on either the phone, the screen, or the tempered glass screen protector.
    02-26-2017 12:07 PM
    Thanks all! I ended up ordering the Spigen ultra, should be here tomorrow!
    02-26-2017 08:12 PM
    I'm extremely happy with the Spigen ultra Hybrid. Grippy, clarity of back excellent to show off the color and not too bulky. Great case......
    Upon your recommendation - I ordered this case - you were 100% right on - excellent case for grip and showing off the Cool Blue.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    03-01-2017 01:06 PM
    Upon your recommendation - I ordered this case - you were 100% right on - excellent case for grip and showing off the Cool Blue.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Easy to take off? I am debating ordering one for my "pool hall" case :P.
    03-01-2017 02:39 PM
    Easy to take off? I am debating ordering one for my "pool hall" case :P.
    Get it - you'll not be sorry - comfy-grippy-flexible-really cool.

My Blue Pixel ran out the door to show its new case around the neighborhood as soon as I put it on the table. I think it is having an affair with a silver Pixel XL on the next street...you know how loosey goosey those silver XLs are -
    03-01-2017 03:51 PM
    Get it - you'll not be sorry - comfy-grippy-flexible-really cool.

My Blue Pixel ran out the door to show its new case around the neighborhood as soon as I put it on the table. I think it is having an affair with a silver Pixel XL on the next street...you know how loosey goosey those silver XLs are -
    Very nice. I will snag it to use as my Pool Hall case .
    03-01-2017 03:59 PM
    I went naked the first day with the phone and the Spigen Ultra case is on it today. I found myself thinking "don't drop it" too often and that's a recipe for disaster. I find the case fairly easy to remove (after I noticed I didn't clean the fingerprints off the back). Fits great and nice and grippy.
    03-02-2017 06:56 AM
    Congratulations on your purchase @vividrich! Some are struggling to even get 1
    The 'Really Blue' colour is my favourite

Thanks all! I ended up ordering the Spigen ultra, should be here tomorrow!
    As a couple other members have suggested. The 'Spigen' cases are really nice. Good to see you got one from them.This one i quite like but your will be perfect as well

All the best with your new Pixel.
    03-03-2017 07:09 AM
    03-03-2017 09:15 AM
    Congratulations on your purchase @vividrich! Some are struggling to even get 1
    The 'Really Blue' colour is my favourite

As a couple other members have suggested. The 'Spigen' cases are really nice. Good to see you got one from them.This one i quite like but your will be perfect as well

All the best with your new Pixel.
    Thanks I'm really loving it. Coming from the Nexus 5, the camera is freaking amazing. Muscle memory is adjusting to the taller keyboard due to the extra bezel but that will come soon. And the AC app doesn't take forever to refresh articles now!

Setup process was also super easy.
    Matty and anon(9227267) like this.
    03-03-2017 11:08 AM