Still so happy with the Pixel

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't get over how incredible this phone really is. I think the supply and demand for it really shows how well it has been selling, although I have yet to see someone in public with one. Maybe I don't get out much? Lol.

I don't even care that it's not water resistant, that it has no wireless charging, and that it has a ton of bezel. The phone flies, never ever froze since I bought it, has timely security and software updates that address known issues and bugs with the phone, and has the best software experience I have ever used on an Android phone. I feel like I'm using an iPhone, but glorified with customization and a much nicer screen resolution.

The pixel has continued to surprise me and keep me not wanting any other device, until the Pixel 2 of course. I finally gave up my s7 edge and have zero regrets.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't get over how incredible this phone really is. I think the supply and demand for it really shows how well it has been selling, although I have yet to see someone in public with one. Maybe I don't get out much? Lol.

I don't even care that it's not water resistant, that it has no wireless charging, and that it has a ton of bezel. The phone flies, never ever froze since I bought it, has timely security and software updates that address known issues and bugs with the phone, and has the best software experience I have ever used on an Android phone. I feel like I'm using an iPhone, but glorified with customization and a much nicer screen resolution.

The pixel has continued to surprise me and keep me not wanting any other device, until the Pixel 2 of course. I finally gave up my s7 edge and have zero regrets.

I think you've never seen one in the wild because they're not really selling THAT well. Google just has short supply. I mean they're good sales for a Google phone, but compared to Samsung and Apple numbers, it's just a drop in the bucket. I'm really looking forward to what they do with the Pixel 2. I'm hoping it'll be on every carrier (at their stores, not unlocked) and sell in higher numbers so it can put more pressure on Samsung to release updates faster. I feel like in the US, Google is the only manufacturer that can place any type of pressure on them in the Android world.

Glad you're enjoying the phone, everybody liking it will only increase demand for the Pixel 2 and will give Google the motivation to give it more features.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think you've never seen one in the wild because they're not really selling THAT well. Google just has short supply. I mean they're good sales for a Google phone, but compared to Samsung and Apple numbers, it's just a drop in the bucket. I'm really looking forward to what they do with the Pixel 2. I'm hoping it'll be on every carrier (at their stores, not unlocked) and sell in higher numbers so it can put more pressure on Samsung to release updates faster. I feel like in the US, Google is the only manufacturer that can place any type of pressure on them in the Android world.

Glad you're enjoying the phone, everybody liking it will only increase demand for the Pixel 2 and will give Google the motivation to give it more features.
Yeah, I guess you're right on that observation about the supply and comparing it to Sammy and iphone sales. I don't really understand why only Verizon would carry it, seems odd. It's a shame because I think majority of people these days only think they can go to a local carrier to buy a phone. Most don't know about unlocked phones. When you compare the s7 and the iPhone being sold on all carriers and unlocked, to the pixel being sold to one carrier and unlocked then the comparison starts to be clear to me.

This phone can change Android and can be a true competitor to iPhones...Google has to make it more available to other carriers, it is a shame such a good phone isn't readily available for everyone!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I guess you're right on that observation about the supply and comparing it to Sammy and iphone sales. I don't really understand why only Verizon would carry it, seems odd. It's a shame because I think majority of people these days only think they can go to a local carrier to buy a phone. Most don't know about unlocked phones. When you compare the s7 and the iPhone being sold on all carriers and unlocked, to the pixel being sold to one carrier and unlocked then the comparison starts to be clear to me.

This phone can change Android and can be a true competitor to iPhones...Google has to make it more available to other carriers, it is a shame such a good phone isn't readily available for everyone!
Oh it's not odd, Verizon loves having exclusivity. They probably paid Google a bunch of money and said can't sell it on other carriers. That's all well and good with something like an iPhone, but I don't think anyone is gonna switch carriers for a Pixel because the people who want a Pixel that bad know they can get it unlocked. So the general public is just missing out, as is Google.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I, as well am enjoying how efficient and reliable this phone is.. I mean come on, at the end of the day that's what matters in a phone! No matter how many features a phone have, the damn thing has to work! However, I am disappointed in the audio output of the device but not enough to give it up.. I just don't listen to any music on it at all..

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh it's not odd, Verizon loves having exclusivity. They probably paid Google a bunch of money and said can't sell it on other carriers. That's all well and good with something like an iPhone, but I don't think anyone is gonna switch carriers for a Pixel because the people who want a Pixel that bad know they can get it unlocked. So the general public is just missing out, as is Google.
I think in years to come it will just grow and become even more competitive. It hasn't even been out a year yet. There is only one iOS mobile device, and a ton of Android mobile devices so it is hard to get one Android device to triumph over Apple. It won't ever happen but I would like the pixel to come close

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

I hear you! I am in the same boat. I love love the Pixel and this is coming from an iPhone user from IPhone 1 to iPhone 6 plus user. I got bored with iOS and got tired of playing cat and mouse trying to Jailbreak everytime I got new iPhone. Its boring without it and I just feel as if the Nougat is much better with notifications. I also gave up my S7 for the Pixel. It was over heating all the time and inconsistent. I haven no desire to even look any other phone but the Pixel. Its a solid phone. I am not into picture quality but the Pixel sure has a good camera.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know ! I just got mine and gave up my iPhone 7 plus but still don't love it yet.
I constantly jump between iPhone 7 plus and Pixel XL. Will use one for a few days and miss the one I'm not using constantly. I got so fed up switching between them often and now I carry both phones with me 😂😂😂

Putting the free T-Mobile unlimited lines to good use.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I love everything about my Pixel but for some reason I miss the look of my old note 7...that truly stealth dark look of it. Mmm...

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
After using the Pixel for 5 months or so, the thing I miss most is the wireless charging. For 2 years I'd put the Droid Turbo on the Qi charger at night, take it off in the AM and move on down the road.
The good thing is, the Pixel doesn't need charging all that often since I am a very light user.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a couple in the wild, in Iowa. But more importantly, people recognize it. "Is that the Google phone?" is a very frequently asked question, especially since I switched to the blue one. Google definitely isn't kicking out Samsung level volumes, but they did say they doubled their internal expectations.

I'd strongly disagree the Note 7 looked better. I know it's subjective, but IMO metal looks/feels better than glass on phones (it's obviously more durable), not having capacitive buttons and a front FPS visible also helps. I still don't understand the big glass window on the Pixel, but IMO the metal devices just look substantially better and everything that can be removed from the face of a device makes it look better. So based on that, from what we've seen so far, I think the S8 looks much better than the Note 7 as well.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrives tomorrow and looking forward to it. Battery life is good? I'm coming from a Nexus 5 so I'm not hard to impress 😉

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Enjoying my Pixel XL :). I love how it's unlocked since I was with T-Mobile and swapped to Verizon .. just pop in the SIM and go.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrives tomorrow and looking forward to it. Battery life is good? I'm coming from a Nexus 5 so I'm not hard to impress ������

Better than the Note 5 yeah, it's one of the best flagships for battery life - the midrangers that do nothing but battery outdo it but they're a different basket of monkey heads than the Pixel.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If I didn't buy into the Moto Mod ecosystem for myself, I'd probably be using the Google Pixel as my daily driver.

But I got one for my wife, who's previous phones were the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPhone 6, and she's loving it.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If I didn't buy into the Moto Mod ecosystem for myself, I'd probably be using the Google Pixel as my daily driver.

But I got one for my wife, who's previous phones were the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPhone 6, and she's loving it.
I tossed and turned waiting to get the Pixel XL or go for the Moto Droid Force Z. The internal memory won me over even though I had to wait til February to get my Pixel XL.
The only issue I am getting used to is the size. I was used to the original Droid Turbo 64GB size.. I bought a Seidio Dilex case and holster for the Pixel but I don't like he holster and the OtterBox Defender is way way to big to hold in my hands or pocket when needed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs