03-12-2017 10:51 PM
41 12
tools
    Keep reading post about it dropping Blue tooth.
    Dropping calls, freezing up.

MY note 5 is getting old.
    Don't know that I want a S8 phone with the curved screen.

The Note 8 is a long way off. Might not be able to wait that long.

But I don't want to buy a phone and have problems.
    With Samsung I can go to Best Buy and see the Samsung reps and get my problem taken care of.
    02-28-2017 12:53 PM
    Keep reading post about it dropping Blue tooth.
    Dropping calls, freezing up.

MY note 5 is getting old.
    Don't know that I want a S8 phone with the curved screen.

The Note 8 is a long way off. Might not be able to wait that long.

But I don't want to buy a phone and have problems.
    With Samsung I can go to Best Buy and see the Samsung reps and get my problem taken care of.
    Don't have issues with mine but that doesn't mean others don't. My only complaint is the glass has micro scratches. Seems to get scratched easily.
    blackhemi4x4 likes this.
    02-28-2017 02:13 PM
    Majority of us don't have issues.
    02-28-2017 04:55 PM
    No issues here. Best phone I've ever had. Hands down...
    02-28-2017 07:55 PM
    It's a great phone. I've had mine for two and had no issues.
    02-28-2017 08:40 PM
    No problems with mine. It's been working near flawlessly for me. The ones without issues are the quiet ones. We would mainly hear from the ones with issues as they go to forums to seek a solution.
    jamezr likes this.
    03-01-2017 02:09 AM
    No issues with my XL...no Bluetooth issues either.
    03-01-2017 07:55 AM
    yep...that is how it goes on forums. You hear from people that have problems and usually don't hear from people that don't follow forums or have no issues at all.
    03-01-2017 07:56 AM
    I am with most and not having issues with bluetooth on my device. I use a BT headset all day at work and I use BT in the car. Both work like they should.
    03-01-2017 08:11 AM
    I'm with the majority and don't have any issues. I have 7 different devices that connect with BT and haven't had any problems ever, with any of them. Battery life and signals seem to by as good as any other phones if not better. I'm very happy and my next phone will be the next Pixel without doubt.
    03-01-2017 09:58 AM
    Had BT turn off but it might be my happy fat fingers using flashlight.

Otherwise it's been fine so far.
    03-01-2017 11:13 AM
    I have BT issues in our Prius, but that's a Toyota issue. They seem to be stuck in 2001 with their ICE technology.
    03-01-2017 08:40 PM
    I have a note 5. Bought it used. On At&T
    Its been getting Hot when you talk on it a lot and the Battery life ain't the best in the world after the note 7.
    I like the Flat Screen and I do not think Samsung is gonna produce any phones with a flat screen anymore.

Its gonna be tough since I got my wife to go with Samsung. And I have to do everything to her phone.
    And I use find my phone a lot to make sure she is O.K since she is 88 miles away.

And in a couple months the S8 is coming out.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.
    03-01-2017 09:00 PM
    Majority of us don't have issues.
    Interesting that someone would post.. Is everyone having problems?

No problem here. I am extremely happy to have acquired a second pixel XL. I sold the first one like an ***** and got the v20. I was stuck with the v20 for about two months. Horrible.
    03-01-2017 10:04 PM
    I'm not a complainer, but I'm not happy with the sort of issues I have. A phone that I paid near $1000.00, suppose to works better. Never had an issue with the last 4 HTC's.
    03-01-2017 11:05 PM
    Pixel XL owner here. Extremely happy with mine, no issues whatsoever.
    03-02-2017 06:03 AM
    I haven't had an issues either. I'm happy with my Pixel
    03-02-2017 06:13 AM
    The things and features of this phone when or if they work for me are fine. Other issues, not so much, but for me personally I would not call this the greatest phone I've owned or the greatest phone experience. I can't see my self hanging on to this for a long time with all of the other choices being offered. I will be waiting for the Nokia 8 if that happens. So far although not confirmed the specs look great and for me it's going to be hard to beat
    03-02-2017 06:58 AM
    Nice way to generalize..."everybody having problems"
    03-02-2017 10:10 AM
    Most users never were having problems, I'm definitely not now (never was) and would definitely push back against the idea of "everyone" having problems.
    hub1 likes this.
    03-02-2017 11:13 AM
    No problems here either with bluetooth, location services or connectivity in general. Works like a champ and handles what I throw at it while meeting my expectations for performance and battery life.
    03-02-2017 12:06 PM
    If you want to research it a little further go on reddit or some of the other forums to see issues that users on those forums are experiencing as well. The majority on here are not encountering any issues but keep in mind there are other forums and other opinions out there as well.
    03-02-2017 02:45 PM
    If you want to research it a little further go on reddit or some of the other forums to see issues that users on those forums are experiencing as well. The majority on here are not encountering any issues but keep in mind there are other forums and other opinions out there as well.
    Those places will have the exact same problem as the perception here which is the only people who are complaining are posting about the issues. Even if there were a thousand people that all had issues there would still be five or six million people with no issues. So that 1000 people can't represent everyone.
    03-02-2017 03:30 PM
    I'm not doubting what you're saying but the poster still has a 50/50 chance on either getting a phone that is problem free or a phone that has issues. These issues must be big enough or must be a concern enough to google if they are addressing these issues or have already addressed some of them. That should tell you something or that the numbers may be higher then some people want to believe
    03-02-2017 03:53 PM
    I'm not doubting what you're saying but the poster still has a 50/50 chance on either getting a phone that is problem free or a phone that has issues. These issues must be big enough or must be a concern enough to google if they are addressing these issues or have already addressed some of them. That should tell you something or that the numbers may be higher then some people want to believe
    Or it could be the number not being as high as some want them to be but they purposely seek out the problem posts to then say the numbers show? It goes both ways . To be honest if I went off just this phone forum on a Galaxy launch I would think that there is a few that love it and majority just hate it and have major issues... But I know that isn't the case (usually -- Note 7 excluded lol) since most people come to us for help and then the few of us phone nerds geek about tweaks, cases, etc.

Now that said not saying some don't have issues as clearly some do and clearly some don't .. But until we have something concrete I don't think pointing fingers and saying either side "doesn't want to believe" helps anyone. It is hard to get a consensus from forums since in the grand scheme of things they are only a few users to be honest. Majority of users would be contacting their carrier or manufacturer and we would never know.

Google had admitted a few problems and tried to fix them (Bluetooth) and whatnot but that is probably the only issue I have seen very widespread. Your issues with signal I can't seem to understand except for something about the Pixel radio and the signal in your area simply don't mix. I am running the Google XL on VZW now and am not running into what you run into.
    muzzy996 likes this.
    03-02-2017 04:16 PM
41 12