Amusing trip to AT&T store

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So after getting the phones set up my wife and I went to the AT&T store to get Sims and have them activated. Poor guy was confused.
"how'd you get a blue iPhone? "

"It's a Google Pixel "

(asks coworkers)" will this work on our network? "

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sad but true.
Sent my sister an iPhone 5s to use on Verizon in Montana. She goes into a local store to have it activated and the rep tries to tell her only iPhone 6 and above were supported on their network. She left. Went back a few days later and got things fixed up and i told her to make sure the manager knows they have an employee either to stupid to work there or greedy and trying to up sell and lie to people.

I dread going to a retail store or sending a relative to one with out me.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No doubt! It was really amusing. When I brought my Nexus 5 in 3 years ago at least the guy knew what it was...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Amusing trip to AT&T store

I mean c'mon Pixel ads are all over the Internet and TV network, how can you not know working in a carrier store..smh

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So after getting the phones set up my wife and I went to the AT&T store to get Sims and have them activated. Poor guy was confused.
"how'd you get a blue iPhone? "

"It's a Google Pixel "

(asks coworkers)" will this work on our network? "

I had a guy say you can't use YouTube in the background d while using GPS, he says it'll crash an LG G5 or any phone. They always treat people like they're ignorant or stupid and will lie.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
5C/5S and up should for the most part be cross compatible. Sprint might be your only issue, but Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, providing there is no carrier lock due to a default on a carrier loan or bill, should all work on each other's network. We have been using T-Mobile iPhones of that era on Verizon AND Verizon ones on T-Mobile. My Niece is on T-Mobile with most of us and her brother my nephew is on Verizon, and we have switched their phones several times.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't expect to an AT&T rep to know much about a phone they don't sell.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
5C/5S and up should for the most part be cross compatible. Sprint might be your only issue, but Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, providing there is no carrier lock due to a default on a carrier loan or bill, should all work on each other's network. We have been using T-Mobile iPhones of that era on Verizon AND Verizon ones on T-Mobile. My Niece is on T-Mobile with most of us and her brother my nephew is on Verizon, and we have switched their phones several times.

There have been a few Android phones like this also such as some of the Moto models for example.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't expect to an AT&T rep to know much about a phone they don't sell.
Same with Tmo. I only go to a store to get a new device. In store reps know little from my experience. If I need anything, I always call customer service.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Had a pretty cool experience in the Apple store with my BlackBerry Priv. Several "geniuses" came over to look at and admire it. "It's a BlackBerry that runs Android?" "They are still around? I thought they went out of business?" LOL

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Same with Tmo. I only go to a store to get a new device. In store reps know little from my experience. If I need anything, I always call customer service.

I'd expect T-Mobile to know a bit more than AT&T about the Pixel since T-Mobile has the promotion where they credit you for bringing a Pixel.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'd expect T-Mobile to know a bit more than AT&T about the Pixel since T-Mobile has the promotion where they credit you for bringing a Pixel.
My wife needed a new SIM so we popped in and the three of us (rep included) we're discussing getting new phones. I mentioned waiting for the Pixel 2. The rep said they didn't know if the Pixel worked on their network. It's only one rep I know, but after that I kinda left the conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy