March Security Bulletin up for Pixel / Nexus devices

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I didn't join beta testing on my Pixel since it's my daily driver. I didn't think there would be a big difference between 7.1.1 to go with the 7.1.2 beta on my Pixel

But,,,I do have 7.1.2 beta on my 6p to check it out

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Had Pebble software ask to turn on BT this morning....
Gad, thought it was history but apparently not.
Still not running badly, just irritating little thing.

edab

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Could anyone tell me how to get the system OTA update using my cellular network connection. As far as I can see using wifi is the only choice. Thanks in advance.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Cool beans. I didn't see any gain being on 7.1.2. just some bugs.

Well a beta isn't meant to really be a gain -- It is a beta. I mean if it had some new amazing feature but a small update of 0.0.1 in number is going to be minor.. and the bugs .. well it is beta :p.

bonnie100th

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Well... the good news just lasted 24 hours. The BT issue still there. I also have the voice command messenger issue times 3 any word or sentence. I'm really pissed off!!!!

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Well... the good news just lasted 24 hours. The BT issue still there. I also have the voice command messenger issue times 3 any word or sentence. I'm really pissed off!!!!

Understood.
Seems like beta....forever.
These are not minor functions to be disregarded.
Can't be blamed on inexpensive hardware either.
Security updates are great. Stability is mandated; Job one.
In addition:
Have a Nexus 6 also which was updated with latest March patch...before it was pulled.
Now something else is broken.....irritating.
whew, got that off my chest.
EDIT: for clarity.

Last edited:

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Understood.
Seems like beta....forever.
These are not minor functions to be disregarded.
Can't be blamed on inexpensive hardware either.
Security updates are great. Stability is a mandate also.
Have a Nexus 6 which was updated with latest March patch...before it was pulled.
Now something else is broken.....irritating.
whew, got that off my chest.

Very much in agreement personally I think and I'm probably going to be chastised for saying this is that at this point what are the odds of blue tooth connectivity ever been resolved or the hollow bar with LTE or wifi connectivity going to be fixed? They have made more then several attempts with blue tooth and they still fail. Including myself there are still people on Verizon and I'm sure other carriers that don't get a consistent signal with the phone. Google claims its been addressed but yet there are still issues? Other issues as well they always say they are working on or came up with a resolution and no change.

Google is more concerned with their maps and hangouts and making everything else work and integrate with each other. But to fix their own operating ayytem, they are clueless and don't know what they are doing. Yes all phones have bugs but don't forget this phone was released last October and all of these issues keep cropping up? They need to outsource and have someone recode their entire operating system ground up.

I already know most on here are going to post and say my phone is flawless I don't understand why you have all these issues. Yes sadly but true these issues exist for a lot of people weather you want to see it that way or not

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
And now the latest with the microphone issue where Google said it is hardware because of a poorly soldered connection? What next?

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I honestly think all the issues are hardware related...And are sporadic it seems. Don't thing a SW update can fix

Must disagree.
The Nexus 6, another premium build, has been around forever and was manufactured by Motorola. This hardware is solid, but software has been broken with updates.
That implies a SW problem. Might not be Google but drivers supplied/not supplied by Qualcomm. Finger pointing is not the answer: QC is. If monthly updates cause Quality Control issues then more personnel are needed or a change in time-frame are in order. We could all live with updates every two months or three months/four ....etc. whatever it takes. An increase in resources is mandatory.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
It must be.... looks like all those that said this phone was a "rush" job just to get it out were onto something

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The BT shut off is better, but it still happens. I have been running this update for a few days with no issues, but this morning it was shut off. It was happening every day before the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87