Very Silver Pixel XL 128GB in stock at Verizon!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
hmm maybe I will give it a try. speaking of battery life are there any tweaks you can share that I should be making to get the most out of the battery? I already use the adaptive brightness and have my screen timeout after 30 seconds. I am not saying my battery life is bad. I just always like to get the most I can out of it.
See that's the thing with the pixel. When I used my s7e I studied my battery life on the daily. Downloaded all these battery monitoring apps...Kept dark backgrounds, shut off Bluetooth scanning, changed my high accuracy location of gps only...Etc etc etc.

With the pixel, nothing even needs to be tweaked. That's the beauty of the phone. No one tweaks an iPhone. A phone shouldn't have to be tweaked. I found myself shutting off things in the s7 (always on display) just to save me battery and to me that's not fair.

I don't even use adaptive brightness on the pixel, I have no shut anything off..I have Google now fully running. I have all white text message backgrounds and white keyboard (it really looks like an iPhone!) And I get a solid 4 hours SOT. I never got that with the s7e. I'm sure the XL will give you 5 hours

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
See that's the thing with the pixel. When I used my s7e I studied my battery life on the daily. Downloaded all these battery monitoring apps...Kept dark backgrounds, shut off Bluetooth scanning, changed my high accuracy location of gps only...Etc etc etc.

With the pixel, nothing even needs to be tweaked. That's the beauty of the phone. No one tweaks an iPhone. A phone shouldn't have to be tweaked. I found myself shutting off things in the s7 (always on display) just to save me battery and to me that's not fair.

I don't even use adaptive brightness on the pixel, I have no shut anything off..I have Google now fully running. I have all white text message backgrounds and white keyboard (it really looks like an iPhone!) And I get a solid 4 hours SOT. I never got that with the s7e. I'm sure the XL will give you 5 hours

I get that. I actually have darker backgrounds and dark text messages but that is because I prefer the look of them. I don't do that for battery life I just like how it looks compared to the white. I also like having the display dim when I am in a dark room or at night so it isn't extremely bright and blinding. But again all these are things I do for preference not for battery.

I agree on my S7 Edge I had the AOD off and I had package disabler pro installed and disabled all sorts of things on my phone. When I had my iPhone I never turned much off but I did tweak the location services so it wasn't using my location all the time in the background for apps that didn't need to have it.

I know the first couple of days my battery life wasn't optimal because I was playing around with the phone so much and tweaking everything. I will see how it works out over next week as I settle in to the phone and start using it more normally and not playing around with everything.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I get that. I actually have darker backgrounds and dark text messages but that is because I prefer the look of them. I don't do that for battery life I just like how it looks compared to the white. I also like having the display dim when I am in a dark room or at night so it isn't extremely bright and blinding. But again all these are things I do for preference not for battery.

I agree on my S7 Edge I had the AOD off and I had package disabler pro installed and disabled all sorts of things on my phone. When I had my iPhone I never turned much off but I did tweak the location services so it wasn't using my location all the time in the background for apps that didn't need to have it.

I know the first couple of days my battery life wasn't optimal because I was playing around with the phone so much and tweaking everything. I will see how it works out over next week as I settle in to the phone and start using it more normally and not playing around with everything.
Yeah I mean the biggest feature of the s7e was the AOD. It was awesome but at the end of the day it uses way too much battery. It's one percent an hour so not hard to figure out. The ambient display on the pixel is great with the raise to wake. Nice and subtle with the black background and dimmed notifications. The one thing I don't like is how dimmed the lock screen is when you turn it on. I know it's a battery saver but u like to see my picture I have on my lockscreen and it's very dull.

I also had package disabler on the s7e which I'm convinced didn't even do anything to conserve battery.

Some days I get better usage than others but for the most part it is very very consistent.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I mean the biggest feature of the s7e was the AOD. It was awesome but at the end of the day it uses way too much battery. It's one percent an hour so not hard to figure out. The ambient display on the pixel is great with the raise to wake. Nice and subtle with the black background and dimmed notifications. The one thing I don't like is how dimmed the lock screen is when you turn it on. I know it's a battery saver but u like to see my picture I have on my lockscreen and it's very dull.

I also had package disabler on the s7e which I'm convinced didn't even do anything to conserve battery.

Some days I get better usage than others but for the most part it is very very consistent.

I agree with the dimness of the lock screen. I like to see the picture I have there and was looking for a way to shut the clock off on the lock screen because I thought that is what was doing it.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the dimness of the lock screen. I like to see the picture I have there and was looking for a way to shut the clock off on the lock screen because I thought that is what was doing it.
Yeah no way of changing that. I hate the clock position too...Smack in the middle of my pic!

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So far for today I am at 88% battery life and that is 4h 23m on battery. So according to GSam Battery Monitor I am using 2.7%/h which isn't bad at all and getting an average of almost 6 hours screen on time. My S7 Edge wasn't anywhere near that good most the time. I would get maybe 3 1/2-4 hours of SOT with my S7 Edge.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So far for today I am at 88% battery life and that is 4h 23m on battery. So according to GSam Battery Monitor I am using 2.7%/h which isn't bad at all and getting an average of almost 6 hours screen on time. My S7 Edge wasn't anywhere near that good most the time. I would get maybe 3 1/2-4 hours of SOT with my S7 Edge.
I was lucky if I got 3.5 on a good day with the s7 edge. Battery smoked the s7e away which is what is most important to me about a phone.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble finding a good grip case without the fingerprint magnet. I love tpu cases but the fingerprints and sticky feeling drive me insane. I always feel like the phone is dirty and germ infested. I have the Spigen rugged armor which I absolutely love the look of, but the grip level is minimal.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am desperately trying to train myself to use the fingerprint sensor to swipe down and check my notifications. I'm so used to reaching for the status bar, but that FP feature is so awesome. I have to be more conscious of it

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I am desperately trying to train myself to use the fingerprint sensor to swipe down and check my notifications. I'm so used to reaching for the status bar, but that FP feature is so awesome. I have to be more conscious of it
I have been getting better with that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood