Verizon Voicemail Icon

xtendqi

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
There have been a number of posts from people wondering what happened to the RED Verizon Voicemail Icon. I have spent over an hour with BOTH Verizon AND Google support. Bottom line: It is GOOGLE who deleted the Verizon Voicemail Icon; you can't even find it in the Playstore any longer! I WANT GOOGLE TO PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!! The only way you can get to voicemail now is to tap on the blue dialer icon and then tap on the little, white voicemail icon in the upper right corner....what a pain!:(

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Have 2 VZW Pixels, don't recall seeing a red VZW Voicemail icon on either - just the icon in the upper right - assume it represents a tape.
Hmmmm....very interesting.

icefrog119

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Because Pixel is a Google Phone, Google & Verizon got an agreement no Verizon apps pre installed on the Pixel, now I don't know why it's not in the play store I got My Verizon & Verizon Security out the play store, but this is Android most likely you can just Google Verizon Voicemail all and side load it.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
1) Is it really that much of a pain to have 1 extra tap to get to voicemail, especially given how fast the Pixel is?
2)Google DID NOT delete it. They merely didn't add it in. I normally defend Verizon, but it's their responsibility to make it compatible with the Pixel, not Google's. If you want it on your phone, let Verizon know that you want them to add compatibility for the Pixel.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I missed the red icon for about an hour after I got my Pixel. I'm one who likes less clutter, so I'm fine with it tucked into the dialer. I still get a notification, so I'm fine with it this way.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess this is a case of "one man's treasure is another man's junk". I personally love where it is with the dialer. It's integrated into the whole phone functionality there. Couldn't be more convenient. And one less glaring red app icon.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My biggest issue is I have never gotten a notification.. The only way I can find out I have a voicemail is to open the phone app to check which I always forget to look after missing a call