"OK Google" voice detection issues.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys so I got my new Pixel XL last Wednesday. I have been having some issues over the past couple of days with "OK Google" working. It will work perfectly for quite a while and then all of a sudden it won't activate at all and I have to go into the settings for the assistant and re train the voice model and it will start working perfectly again.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so is there an easy way to fix it?

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine works mostly, and then about the time I say "Hey, watch this..." I can't get it to respond. I stand there saying "OK GOOGLE" repeatedly to a blank screen, while my cohort stands there watching me with a look of puzzlement.
Then, after they leave, it works just perfectly.
It probably doesn't help that "ok Google" isn't the easiest for me to say. I slur it like I've been drinking. It might as well ask me to say "Shoulder Surgery" repeatedly.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Mine works mostly, and then about the time I say "Hey, watch this..." I can't get it to respond. I stand there saying "OK GOOGLE" repeatedly to a blank screen, while my cohort stands there watching me with a look of puzzlement.
Then, after they leave, it works just perfectly.
It probably doesn't help that "ok Google" isn't the easiest for me to say. I slur it like I've been drinking. It might as well ask me to say "Shoulder Surgery" repeatedly.

Mine also chooses those times to not work. It seems to be getting better though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze