Email question.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I switched from an S7 Edge where I used two email apps on that phone. One was the outlook app for my outlook email address which is now my new primary email. The other is the Gmail app which I use for my secondary/spam email that I don't check as much.

I have the same setup right now on the Pixel but the question I have is: does the Gmail app have any additional functions on the Pixel being that it's a google made phone that I should use that as my primary email app over Outlook?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The Gmail app works the same way on the pixel, as it does on the S7. Personally, I use the Inbox app (instead of the Gmail app) - I find it to be a little better, but even between outlook and the Gmail app, I'd probably use the Gmail app (because my primary Email is gmail, and Google Now can (with your permission) access gmail to show me proactive notifications/reminders about my upcoming travel/bills/Nav-directions etc - that part is not Pixel specific - it works the same way on the S7 as well

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
The Gmail app works the same way on the pixel, as it does on the S7. Personally, I use the Inbox app (instead of the Gmail app) - I find it to be a little better, but even between outlook and the Gmail app, I'd probably use the Gmail app (because my primary Email is gmail, and Google Now can (with your permission) access gmail to show me proactive notifications/reminders about my upcoming travel/bills/Nav-directions etc - that part is not Pixel specific - it works the same way on the S7 as well

That is neat with Google Now. Does that same thing work with the google assistant? How do I set that up to get those notifications/reminders?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance