To buy or not to buy the Pixel XL

segag1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
So my nexus 6 is on its last legs. Battery life is abysmal and crazy crazy lag. I don't want to root it (i'm on Fi). So i guess its time to get the pixel xl. I can't find a cheaper plan then Fi (about 25 USD post taxes), I don't use that much data as i'm mostly on WIFI.
Would you guys think of dropping that kind of money in the current time frame with launch of S8 around the corner? How much do you like the phone as of today?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Done deal IMO, today it's the best device on the market and is likely to remain that way for the next 6 months or so.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Done deal IMO, today it's the best device on the market and is likely to remain that way for the next 6 months or so.

I actually just bought one from Google. The Pixel XL 128gb was actually available, so I had to jump. Should be receiving it next week. I figure, this will be just fine with me until I see what comes out in the fall.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually just bought one from Google. The Pixel XL 128gb was actually available, so I had to jump. Should be receiving it next week. I figure, this will be just fine with me until I see what comes out in the fall.

I have one waiting in my entryway when I get home :)

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Wahoo finally! Welcome back lol

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Wahoo finally! Welcome back lol

Yeah, I'm actually a little nervous about it. I've been with Apple and iOS since December of 2015. I think I'll just make myself use it and then see what the fall brings before I go flying back to Apple. I wish I could find a smartwatch that I love to go with it.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm actually a little nervous about it. I've been with Apple and iOS since December of 2015. I think I'll just make myself use it and then see what the fall brings before I go flying back to Apple. I wish I could find a smartwatch that I love to go with it.
I have the gear s2 classic and it has been nothing but incredible with the pixel. Highly recommend it!!

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely would buy a Pixel XL right now. I just got mine two weeks ago and coming from the S7 Edge I am so happy I did it. The S8 didn't even appeal to me with the rumored screen aspect ratio.

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I am currently waiting on FedEx as we speak for my black XL. Haven't decided what I will do with my S7. Either sell it or keep for a backup.

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine 2/28 and had it 2 days later. I would not hesitate buying it again. I absolutely love this phone. Really do not care about any other phone now this one fits me and I do not see me changing anytime soon.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So my nexus 6 is on its last legs. Battery life is abysmal and crazy crazy lag. I don't want to root it (i'm on Fi). So i guess its time to get the pixel xl. I can't find a cheaper plan then Fi (about 25 USD post taxes), I don't use that much data as i'm mostly on WIFI.
Would you guys think of dropping that kind of money in the current time frame with launch of S8 around the corner? How much do you like the phone as of today?
The Pixel is a great phone so I guess you have to weigh how important Fi is to you if you want to consider alternatives.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney