Android O for the Pixel and Pixel XL.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
What is everyone's take on the new ambient display? I feel it's a bit cumbersome and not as easily activated. I was used to being able to swipe quick settings down as it was activating to access flashlight and such.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Gear app doesnt work, it force closes. Can't use my Gear S3 watch with it. :(

Im also getting a force close of Google Play Music and Samsung Pay every time I restart my phone.

I dont like how they moved the battery percentage outside of the battery icon. :(

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Gear app doesnt work, it force closes. Can't use my Gear S3 watch with it. :(

Im also getting a force close of Google Play Music and Samsung Pay every time I restart my phone.

I dont like how they moved the battery percentage outside of the battery icon. :(
Did you install the second update? A lot of forums state it fixed some of their app crashes.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
URGENT - If you join the Beta but want to unenroll, it says it will do an OTA of the last good build of N but it doesn't work. As it stands, you are stuck on the Beta. Anyone have any tips to force this OTA to go back to N?

You could always download the latest image yourself and flash it. But it will wipe all data....

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
URGENT - If you join the Beta but want to unenroll, it says it will do an OTA of the last good build of N but it doesn't work. As it stands, you are stuck on the Beta. Anyone have any tips to force this OTA to go back to N?

u need to be on wifi, and more than 80% battery for the update to show up. they are more than gb update so google want to make sure u dont burn ur data

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

wait what? samsung pay? pixel dont have samsung pay and samsung device dont have Android O.
so what r u talking about?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Wiped the cache for Android Pay and restarted the device. I was able to successfully complete an Android Pay transaction. That's after Pixel chat support saying I couldn't. Since completed three Android Pay transactions on Android O.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Finally, easy option to enable battery percentage to show up on status bar in stock Android 😂

e213cf92e9fb8ef594211a5eb077c7d0.jpg

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Liking Android O a lot so far...very stable. Loving the battery percentage. I like the new badge notifications. But imho they need to be red in color and bigger. That blue is just a little hard to see and too small.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Liking Android O a lot so far...very stable. Loving the battery percentage. I like the new badge notifications. But imho they need to be red in color and bigger. That blue is just a little hard to see and too small.
The badge notifications? They are dynamic in color and are based on the color of the icons.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't get them to work at all I've enabled as many permissions that I can find. Any ideas?

Hmm I had similar issues with YouTube PIP even though I'm YouTube red subscriber, wasn't able to get PIP working. But I did a factory reset after installing android O, after which everything started working fine.

I have seen reports of various other features working for some and not for others. I know not the best suggestion but just starting fresh by doing factory reset might resolve lots of issues.