Android O for the Pixel and Pixel XL.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Any word on DP4 release date? I've only seen graphics with a rough timeframe.

Also, when O final actually drops, those of us on O beta will have our phones wiped as part of the upgrade process, right?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Dunno to the first one. July I think??

Second one no. As long as you ride DP all the way out to the release. Non beta users will get the final release first. Then we will. If you wait it all the way out, your phone won't be wiped.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
this is the default wallpaper of android n in pixel.

Mine didn't have Aurora set as the default wallpaper when I got it (regular Pixel) back in November. Unless you meant if you CHOSE a live wallpaper for your background, that Aurora was the default.

Mine was a static wallpaper with a kind of landscape image with a pinkish/purplish sky and mountains in a silhouette. In fact I don't recall ever having a live wallpaper set as the default on any Android device I've owned (granted the only pure Android devices I've owned are the Nexus 7 2013 and 6p, and the Pixel). I did download the original Nexus live wallpaper on one of my early HTC phones (gray grid background with Google colors streaking across the screen).

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine didn't have Aurora set as the default wallpaper when I got it (regular Pixel) back in November. Unless you meant if you CHOSE a live wallpaper for your background, that Aurora was the default.

Mine was a static wallpaper with a kind of landscape image with a pinkish/purplish sky and mountains in a silhouette. In fact I don't recall ever having a live wallpaper set as the default on any Android device I've owned (granted the only pure Android devices I've owned are the Nexus 7 2013 and 6p, and the Pixel). I did download the original Nexus live wallpaper on one of my early HTC phones (gray grid background with Google colors streaking across the screen).
Fwiw, I received a warranty replacement device a couple of weeks ago and it booted up with the Aurora live wallpaper on. I really like it! I wouldn't have put it on given the choice but now that it's there it's pretty neat how it follows the weather.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Fwiw, I received a warranty replacement device a couple of weeks ago and it booted up with the Aurora live wallpaper on. I really like it! I wouldn't have put it on given the choice but now that it's there it's pretty neat how it follows the weather.

Maybe they started that later, all I know for certain is that I didn't have a live wallpaper set as my background. I even remember finding and downloading the wallpaper I mentioned above (static landscape with pink/purple sky) to put it on my old 6p. And that wallpaper is still the one on the lockscreen on my Pixel.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Regarding Aurora:

I discovered Aurora a while back on my Pixel XL; no, it was not the default wallpaper - I read about it in another thread here, searched for it, found it, and decided I liked it.

Soon after joining the Android O beta (DP1? DP2? - not sure) I realized that not only was Aurora no longer my wallpaper, but I cannot find it in the wallpaper selector, either.

So, what's up with that? Some of you seem to still have Aurora on your device - if I have it, I'll be darned if I can locate it.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Set it as Home and Lock screen - good to try new things.

That's ok, I'm not big on home screen and lockscreen wallpapers. It's fun for a bit, but anymore I'd rather focus on performance. I use a black home screen beings it's an AMOLED display to save what I can on battery life. And since my home screen is covered in widgets or folders, any picture, animated or static is pointless since it would be covered by them.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
That's ok, I'm not big on home screen and lockscreen wallpapers. It's fun for a bit, but anymore I'd rather focus on performance. I use a black home screen beings it's an AMOLED display to save what I can on battery life. And since my home screen is covered in widgets or folders, any picture, animated or static is pointless since it would be covered by them.

Aurora lasted about a day, back to the plain blue desktop. I like simple.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Android O DP 4 is out now!

https://developer.android.com/preview/download-ota.html
acec3581778eaf348f5b42e9342a4c41.jpg