Android O for the Pixel and Pixel XL.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell me if the Bluetooth functionality has improved any. I'm trying to decide if I'm ready to download the beta or stick with No?

I use Bluetooth headphones (Jaybird X2) five mornings a week, 75-90 minutes each day, at the gym. I had no issues with Bluetooth and DP3; won't know about DP4 until tomorrow morning.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the Android O DP4 update on my Verizon Pixel XL, loved it, but lost my simultaneous voice and data. So let it do the OTA to wipe my phone and put me back to 7.1.2. But I still am missing the menu item for advanced​ calling in settings. So I still don't have it. I turned off HD Voice and turned it back on, but no luck (through Verizon). Wonder if resetting the device through the menus would get it back? Or do I have to flash the Verizon image?

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem on my 6p after switching from Fi back to Verizon. To fix it you need to go deep into the settings for your radios to turn VoLTE provisioning back on. There's some crazy combination of numbers & figures that will get you there via your phone dialer, but an easier option IMO is to download and open a little app called "LTE OnOff - HTC Thunderbolt". Open the app, click through the opening message, then look for the "VoLTE Provisioned" switch and turn it on. After you do this, you should see the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode option in your cellular settings again.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem on my 6p after switching from Fi back to Verizon. To fix it you need to go deep into the settings for your radios to turn VoLTE provisioning back on. There's some crazy combination of numbers & figures that will get you there via your phone dialer, but an easier option IMO is to download and open a little app called "LTE OnOff - HTC Thunderbolt". Open the app, click through the opening message, then look for the "VoLTE Provisioned" switch and turn it on. After you do this, you should see the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode option in your cellular settings again.
Haha that takes me back. You mean *#*#4636#*#* ? I remember fiddling with this on my bionic. Good times

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha that takes me back. You mean *#*#4636#*#* ? I remember fiddling with this on my bionic. Good times

Ha! Yes, that's the code. For some reason it didn't work on my dialer, so I had to use the app. I originally discovered that app when I actually owned the T-bolt, and you had to have that app to keep 4g from eating the battery alive!

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I did the Android O DP4 update on my Verizon Pixel XL, loved it, but lost my simultaneous voice and data. So let it do the OTA to wipe my phone and put me back to 7.1.2. But I still am missing the menu item for advanced​ calling in settings. So I still don't have it. I turned off HD Voice and turned it back on, but no luck (through Verizon). Wonder if resetting the device through the menus would get it back? Or do I have to flash the Verizon image?

I'm curious to know if you were able to resolve this issue?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ugh .. These are the times I wish I had a Pixel. I would love to test.

Sigh .. Maybe Pixel 2 :eek:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC