Google play music on wifi

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I used to use Google play on my s7 at my gym where I auto connect to their open wifi. It worked flawlessly. Now on my pixel I'm having a big issue that is really getting on my nerves. It will play a song then after that song ends the transition to the next song just never happens, then eventually I get the notification of playback error. I have to hit pause and play a couple of times to get it back to working. And then it just happens again and again.

e36c1d3401a3e607d6b87986f2544080.jpg

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any issues at all with Google music on WiFi or Bluetooth. I use the WiFi at Planet Fitness, work and at home. No issues. Have you installed anything new?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been having exactly the same issue and so far google support wasn't able to help.
Ok so it isn't just me then.
I am not having any issues at all with Google music on WiFi or Bluetooth. I use the WiFi at Planet Fitness, work and at home. No issues. Have you installed anything new?
I haven't installed anything new that would interfere with that app. Makes no sense but it's not even usable at the gym. It's so annoying

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me sometimes too... It will also start a song for 10 seconds and then automatically skip to the next track.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Is your gym a smaller type where it might be using an off-the-shelf, consumer type wireless router or is it a big chain gym where there are multiple access points mounted throughout the facility? Just wondering if the WiFi connection might be an issue. Is the connection pretty reliable and consistent? Basically a song gets temporarily cached in the background as its also playing so it should be done downloading by the end of the song, but if the connection falters the next song in the queue won't be able to start playing right away.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Is your gym a smaller type where it might be using an off-the-shelf, consumer type wireless router or is it a big chain gym where there are multiple access points mounted throughout the facility? Just wondering if the WiFi connection might be an issue. Is the connection pretty reliable and consistent? Basically a song gets temporarily cached in the background as its also playing so it should be done downloading by the end of the song, but if the connection falters the next song in the queue won't be able to start playing right away.
No, I mean Amazon music worked just fine there yesterday so it's not a wifi issue