Gmail icon doesn't indicate how many new

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
My Yahoo email indicates how many new messages I'm the Yahoo email icon. My Gmail icon does not. Is there a way to add that?

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I dont know this may help you or not but I think give it a shot. Go to Gmail from your PC's web browser then in Settings and further in Labs tab and search for Unread message icon then click Enable.
This will show you unread icons on web browser's tab. Try this which might solve your issue.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you gone into Settings/Notifications to make sure that notifications for Gmail are allowed?

Last edited:

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The notification bar at the top shows that I have a new Gmail, but the icon on my screen doesn't indicate how many like Yahoo mail does

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Related question: the Tesla Gmail and text badges work fine, but my phone badge keeps telling me I have a phone call when I don't. I've tried turning off the phone badge for a few days, but as soon as I activate it again, the badge says I have one missed phone call or voicemail (not sure which it's reporting.)

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
This won't help you right now, but Android O will provide unread count support. I would assume for the GMail and Android Messages apps. Maybe more...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie