06-12-2017 07:26 AM
34 12
tools
    I had these exact same issues on each version, however, the O preview has cleared them up completely. I had almost given up. I listen to Audible for almost 2 hours a day, and the skipping could be horrendous at times. Since going to O, I have had O skipping. (see what I did there?)
    hannsoft likes this.
    06-02-2017 11:42 AM
    SteelGator:
    Encouraging!

I just tried the suggestions from earlier in this thread to turn off NFC and make sure that if you have something like a Gear Fit connected to your phone, disconnect it.

I just did both of these things and it did not stop the skipping. Sucks.

I may go for O if others weigh-in that it fixed the BT issue for them. This BT issue seems so variable across Pixel owners. All that I know for sure is that BT *has never* worked on my Pixel reliably with wireless headsets - and I've owned a few.
    06-02-2017 12:18 PM
    SteelGator:
    Encouraging!

I just tried the suggestions from earlier in this thread to turn off NFC and make sure that if you have something like a Gear Fit connected to your phone, disconnect it.

I just did both of these things and it did not stop the skipping. Sucks.

I may go for O if others weigh-in that it fixed the BT issue for them. This BT issue seems so variable across Pixel owners. All that I know for sure is that BT *has never* worked on my Pixel reliably with wireless headsets - and I've owned a few.
    I have had a little more success than you on 7.x, but was never satisfied with it. I had some success cycling BT off and then on using the notification shade at times, but that was hit and miss.

I waited for a week to post on my O experience to make sure it was real -- and I did not want to curse it. I hope you have as good of a result as I have.
    06-02-2017 12:58 PM
    Steelgator:
    I don't want to jinks my luck either, but damn, after a 4-song audition/test last night, there were ZERO skips for me.

Will be great if this persists!!

-bk
    SteelGator likes this.
    06-03-2017 12:41 PM
    Steelgator:
    I don't want to jinks my luck either, but damn, after a 4-song audition/test last night, there were ZERO skips for me.

Will be great if this persists!!

-bk
    Excellent! Keep us posted after a few days.
    06-04-2017 04:35 PM
    SteelGator and billykac -- thank you for posting this very encouraging information about your BT issues and A-O's potential fix!
    SteelGator likes this.
    06-05-2017 11:18 AM
    Welcome!
    06-05-2017 07:52 PM
    SteelGator and billykac -- thank you for posting this very encouraging information about your BT issues and A-O's potential fix!
    Absolutely Jay, that's what I love about these communities. Let us know about your experience.
    06-06-2017 07:47 PM
    A quick update on my recent experience.

I haven't loaded the dev version of A-O, because I'm a techno-wuss -- haha!

However, the June 5 security patch seemed to have stabilized BT significantly in my situation. I have a BT 4.0 USB dongle (with AUX output jack) for music streaming, and I let the phone connect to the car's head unit for phone. There is still some minor skipping -- occasional, very brief "tics" in the music playback (think milliseconds) -- but, nowhere near the extent of the problem before.

Some additional notes:
    1. I switched to a BT 2.0 dongle, and the major skipping returned.
    2. I switched the order of the connection sequence:
    - car, then dongle = worse skipping
    - dongle, then car = much less skipping (ie, minor tics)

So, music playback stabilization appears to be dependent on the connection sequence and BT version.

I hope that this information helps others who are waiting for the official release of A-O and that this June patch predicts the stability that A-O will bring.

J

PS: here is the dongle that I'm using: Amazon product #B0176309CM .... "Annbully Mini Bluetooth 4.0 Receiver A2dp Wireless Music Streaming Sound System /Bluetooth Car Kits with 3.5 Mm Stereo"
    06-12-2017 07:26 AM
34 12