11-05-2017 01:18 AM
42 12
tools
    I had these exact same issues on each version, however, the O preview has cleared them up completely. I had almost given up. I listen to Audible for almost 2 hours a day, and the skipping could be horrendous at times. Since going to O, I have had O skipping. (see what I did there?)
    hannsoft likes this.
    06-02-2017 12:42 PM
    SteelGator:
    Encouraging!

I just tried the suggestions from earlier in this thread to turn off NFC and make sure that if you have something like a Gear Fit connected to your phone, disconnect it.

I just did both of these things and it did not stop the skipping. Sucks.

I may go for O if others weigh-in that it fixed the BT issue for them. This BT issue seems so variable across Pixel owners. All that I know for sure is that BT *has never* worked on my Pixel reliably with wireless headsets - and I've owned a few.
    06-02-2017 01:18 PM
    SteelGator:
    Encouraging!

I just tried the suggestions from earlier in this thread to turn off NFC and make sure that if you have something like a Gear Fit connected to your phone, disconnect it.

I just did both of these things and it did not stop the skipping. Sucks.

I may go for O if others weigh-in that it fixed the BT issue for them. This BT issue seems so variable across Pixel owners. All that I know for sure is that BT *has never* worked on my Pixel reliably with wireless headsets - and I've owned a few.
    I have had a little more success than you on 7.x, but was never satisfied with it. I had some success cycling BT off and then on using the notification shade at times, but that was hit and miss.

I waited for a week to post on my O experience to make sure it was real -- and I did not want to curse it. I hope you have as good of a result as I have.
    06-02-2017 01:58 PM
    Steelgator:
    I don't want to jinks my luck either, but damn, after a 4-song audition/test last night, there were ZERO skips for me.

Will be great if this persists!!

-bk
    SteelGator likes this.
    06-03-2017 01:41 PM
    Steelgator:
    I don't want to jinks my luck either, but damn, after a 4-song audition/test last night, there were ZERO skips for me.

Will be great if this persists!!

-bk
    Excellent! Keep us posted after a few days.
    06-04-2017 05:35 PM
    SteelGator and billykac -- thank you for posting this very encouraging information about your BT issues and A-O's potential fix!
    SteelGator likes this.
    06-05-2017 12:18 PM
    Welcome!
    06-05-2017 08:52 PM
    SteelGator and billykac -- thank you for posting this very encouraging information about your BT issues and A-O's potential fix!
    Absolutely Jay, that's what I love about these communities. Let us know about your experience.
    06-06-2017 08:47 PM
    A quick update on my recent experience.

I haven't loaded the dev version of A-O, because I'm a techno-wuss -- haha!

However, the June 5 security patch seemed to have stabilized BT significantly in my situation. I have a BT 4.0 USB dongle (with AUX output jack) for music streaming, and I let the phone connect to the car's head unit for phone. There is still some minor skipping -- occasional, very brief "tics" in the music playback (think milliseconds) -- but, nowhere near the extent of the problem before.

Some additional notes:
    1. I switched to a BT 2.0 dongle, and the major skipping returned.
    2. I switched the order of the connection sequence:
    - car, then dongle = worse skipping
    - dongle, then car = much less skipping (ie, minor tics)

So, music playback stabilization appears to be dependent on the connection sequence and BT version.

I hope that this information helps others who are waiting for the official release of A-O and that this June patch predicts the stability that A-O will bring.

J

PS: here is the dongle that I'm using: Amazon product #B0176309CM .... "Annbully Mini Bluetooth 4.0 Receiver A2dp Wireless Music Streaming Sound System /Bluetooth Car Kits with 3.5 Mm Stereo"
    06-12-2017 08:26 AM
    These BT woes have returned with my Oreo update. Anyone else?

ugh....
    09-05-2017 08:30 AM
    There is a monster thread in the google support forums on BT, and Oreo. It's seems a lot of people are having BT problems since Oreo. You can find it here:
    https://groups.google.com/a/googlepr..._source=footer

I am having to restart my phone after paring with Ford Sync to get the audio to work.
    09-06-2017 06:04 AM
    Thank you, Matty. I'll log my inputs there, too. I was encouraged by others whose Oreo preview had cleared this up.
    09-06-2017 08:57 PM
    I had the same problems with my Nexus 4 since upgrading to 7.1, but I solved them! (At least, for myself.)
    My problems were lots of cracking in podcast playback, especially when the screen was off. When the screen was on, it was bad, but not too bad.

My solution: Force GPU rendering.
    This is located in:

1. Under "Settings"
    2. Under "Developer Options"
    3. Enable "Force GPU rendering"

Ever since I did this 3 days ago, I've had no skipping problems. So I'm happy
    10-30-2017 01:52 AM
    I finally solved it as well, after a year of being unable to enjoy music on my Pixel.
    I got a Note 8.
    10-30-2017 06:42 AM
    I finally solved it as well, after a year of being unable to enjoy music on my Pixel.
    I got a Note 8.
    Yeah, that's not an acceptable fix for me. But thanks for the info.
    10-30-2017 04:11 PM
    2017 Subaru Crosstrek - have this issue using my Nexus 6. Didn't have it with my Nexus 6P. Now it is much worse with my Pixel XL. always the same songs...
    11-02-2017 09:45 AM
    Solved the problem for me at least. Stopped using Android Auto. Was using it on phone screen, vehicle not compatible. Set the Bluetooth AVRCP to 1.6.
    11-05-2017 01:18 AM
42 12