05-21-2017 09:33 PM
57 123
tools
    For my verizon business contract a Pixel XL is $219, been thinking about that but articles like this keep scaring me off . . gonna jump one of these times ;-)
    05-09-2017 11:18 AM
    Articles like this are just silly. I always liken these types of articles to similar thoughts around automobiles. People approach vehicle purchases all types of ways. Different makes and models are sold all the time and every day. There will always be new phones, new technologies and .. new vehicles.

How any one individual chooses to handle all that is up to them. Pixel is one of the absolute best Android phones available right now, so right now it should be considered along with all other phones.
    05-09-2017 12:21 PM
    The author has some points but I don't think all of it holds water, sorry to say.

A Pixel is worth buying right now. It still has solid cameras and it is the only small phone that is all-around solid in the Android world. This goes for the regular Pixel though.

Aside from the stock issues, the fact that some Pixels have mic issues and some don't is crazy. I really liked the Pixel for being how it is.
    05-09-2017 03:15 PM
    Absolutely love my Pixel XL and would replace it with another in a heartbeat.

As the sidetrack debate over waterproofing shows though, everyone's use case is different. For me I've done Motorola, HTC and Samsung and am not interested in going back to non-Google devices or carrier based ones because I want root without any finagling. That alone for me is worth the price of admission as rooting becomes more difficult on new devices.
    05-09-2017 03:39 PM
    I have had my Pixel XL since last November and have had no issues with it whatsoever. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
    05-09-2017 07:49 PM
    If you want the best from GOOGLE, get the Pixel! Great device and overall Android experience..
    05-10-2017 12:04 AM
    I sold my Pixel XL few weeks back to get S8+, G6. Screw this article and suggestion and I bought a new Pixel XL couple of days back. S8+ going back and selling the G6. Missed the stock Android, buttery smooth performance and more over with Android O beta coming soon I'm back on the Pixel train.
    Billy Bob Jimmy Joe and ecr80 like this.
    05-10-2017 12:49 AM
    The best camera
    The smoothest performance
    A decent battery
    Why not buying this device?!
    Personally, I prefer it to ANY device right now
    Billy Bob Jimmy Joe and ecr80 like this.
    05-10-2017 07:50 AM
    I sold my Pixel XL few weeks back to get S8+, G6. Screw this article and suggestion and I bought a new Pixel XL couple of days back. S8+ going back and selling the G6. Missed the stock Android, buttery smooth performance and more over with Android O beta coming soon I'm back on the Pixel train.
    To me, stock Android is the way to go. I've had the Nexus 4, 5, 6, 6P and now the Pixel. When I tried other OEMs like Sony, Samsung, LG, ASUS, I just can't stand their UI.
    05-11-2017 03:59 AM
    I want stock Android with quick updates, but the hardware just isn't what I want it to be yet. Maybe the Pixel 2
    jamezr likes this.
    05-11-2017 09:30 AM
    I have never had stock Android and will definitely be keeping my eye on the Pixel 2. I have only owned Samsung phones for the past several years. Oh, well I had iPhone's but that's a different story.
    jamezr likes this.
    05-11-2017 10:22 AM
    I just got mine and my wife wants one now. She currently has an S7 and has seen the s8.
    05-16-2017 04:38 PM
    Mine will arrive this Friday.
    Whether I keep it or not - depends, will it be that much better than my Note 3.
    Hoping for less garbage loaded, intelligent design, and response to my fingertips.
    Sophos likes this.
    05-16-2017 06:48 PM
    Mine will arrive this Friday.
    Whether I keep it or not - depends, will it be that much better than my Note 3.
    Hoping for less garbage loaded, intelligent design, and response to my fingertips.
    Mine will be here Friday as well. Excited to see what all the hype has been about.
    05-17-2017 10:11 PM
    Don't forget your towel
    revtech and Unobtanium like this.
    05-18-2017 09:50 PM
    No way I would be paying up tons load of money for pixel. Google sucks with their promotions. Google totally robbing people with the price tag even after months of original release. Enjoy your pixel if you have one, it's simply not worth what Google is till asking for.
    05-19-2017 09:56 PM
    No way I would be paying up tons load of money for pixel. Google sucks with their promotions. Google totally robbing people with the price tag even after months of original release. Enjoy your pixel if you have one, it's simply not worth what Google is till asking for.
    It's priced exactly the same as it's competition was at release. I wouldn't expect a price drop until the fall, and even then it'll most likely just EOL.
    05-19-2017 10:22 PM
    It's priced exactly the same as it's competition was at release. I wouldn't expect a price drop until the fall, and even then it'll most likely just EOL.
    Right, at release. But at this moment in time, Google might be well served to drop prices across the board by $100 - $150. When you compare full price s8 that just came out, to full price pixel that came out last October, the majority who are not as tech savvy as those that visits XDA forums and other phone forums daily might very well buy the s8 because for the same money you get a much newer phone with new design, newest specs, and most current coverage from the latest marketing campaigns
    05-20-2017 02:10 AM
    Right, at release. But at this moment in time, Google might be well served to drop prices across the board by $100 - $150. When you compare full price s8 that just came out, to full price pixel that came out last October, the majority who are not as tech savvy as those that visits XDA forums and other phone forums daily might very well buy the s8 because for the same money you get a much newer phone with new design, newest specs, and most current coverage from the latest marketing campaigns
    Good points. For what I want, the S8 still hasn't caught up, but most consumers would vastly prefer the S8 to the Pixel XL.
    05-20-2017 02:40 AM
    When friends and co workers ask about buying the Pixel I advise them to wait. The Pixel 2 will be out in Sept? It should have a few new features and would be worth the wait. If they buy a Pixel now they will have buyers remorse in a 3 months when the Pixel 2 announced....it is just around the corner :-)
    05-20-2017 08:56 AM
    I believe carriers such as TMobile and Sprint are still offering a promotion for the pixel.. $325 back when you activate service! That's how I got my pixel through TMobile..
    05-20-2017 10:56 AM
    I believe carriers such as TMobile and Sprint are still offering a promotion for the pixel.. $325 back when you activate service! That's how I got my pixel through TMobile..
    Yeah that T-Mobile deal definitely makes it a great buy. It applies to both existing and new lines so great deal.
    jlarkins08 likes this.
    05-20-2017 11:05 AM
    T-Mobile offer is good to know. For me it'll be whether my fingers are compatible with the screen and will I get reception equal to or better than my Note3 - AT&T combination.
    05-20-2017 11:35 AM
    When friends and co workers ask about buying the Pixel I advise them to wait. The Pixel 2 will be out in Sept? It should have a few new features and would be worth the wait. If they buy a Pixel now they will have buyers remorse in a 3 months when the Pixel 2 announced....it is just around the corner :-)
    I could not have said it better myself!
    anon(10212886) and jamezr like this.
    05-20-2017 12:32 PM
    they will have buyers remorse in a 3 months when the Pixel 2 announced....it is just around the corner :-)
    Truth - trying to decide if I get the P2 from Verizon or Google.

Once I put the Verizon sim card in, it is pretty much a Verizon Pixel anyway, yes? no?
    05-20-2017 01:32 PM
57 123