Even if you could, Should anyone buy a Pixel right now?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
No way I would be paying up tons load of money for pixel. Google sucks with their promotions. Google totally robbing people with the price tag even after months of original release. Enjoy your pixel if you have one, it's simply not worth what Google is till asking for.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No way I would be paying up tons load of money for pixel. Google sucks with their promotions. Google totally robbing people with the price tag even after months of original release. Enjoy your pixel if you have one, it's simply not worth what Google is till asking for.
It's priced exactly the same as it's competition was at release. I wouldn't expect a price drop until the fall, and even then it'll most likely just EOL.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
It's priced exactly the same as it's competition was at release. I wouldn't expect a price drop until the fall, and even then it'll most likely just EOL.
Right, at release. But at this moment in time, Google might be well served to drop prices across the board by $100 - $150. When you compare full price s8 that just came out, to full price pixel that came out last October, the majority who are not as tech savvy as those that visits XDA forums and other phone forums daily might very well buy the s8 because for the same money you get a much newer phone with new design, newest specs, and most current coverage from the latest marketing campaigns

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Right, at release. But at this moment in time, Google might be well served to drop prices across the board by $100 - $150. When you compare full price s8 that just came out, to full price pixel that came out last October, the majority who are not as tech savvy as those that visits XDA forums and other phone forums daily might very well buy the s8 because for the same money you get a much newer phone with new design, newest specs, and most current coverage from the latest marketing campaigns

Good points. For what I want, the S8 still hasn't caught up, but most consumers would vastly prefer the S8 to the Pixel XL.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When friends and co workers ask about buying the Pixel I advise them to wait. The Pixel 2 will be out in Sept? It should have a few new features and would be worth the wait. If they buy a Pixel now they will have buyers remorse in a 3 months when the Pixel 2 announced....it is just around the corner :)

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe carriers such as TMobile and Sprint are still offering a promotion for the pixel.. $325 back when you activate service! That's how I got my pixel through TMobile..

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe carriers such as TMobile and Sprint are still offering a promotion for the pixel.. $325 back when you activate service! That's how I got my pixel through TMobile..
Yeah that T-Mobile deal definitely makes it a great buy. It applies to both existing and new lines so great deal.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile offer is good to know. For me it'll be whether my fingers are compatible with the screen and will I get reception equal to or better than my Note3 - AT&T combination.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
When friends and co workers ask about buying the Pixel I advise them to wait. The Pixel 2 will be out in Sept? It should have a few new features and would be worth the wait. If they buy a Pixel now they will have buyers remorse in a 3 months when the Pixel 2 announced....it is just around the corner :)
I could not have said it better myself!

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Seriously? The nuts in these forums - myself included - have buyer's remorse every week anyway. Go ahead and get it. Sell it when the P2 comes.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Seriously? The nuts in these forums - myself included - have buyer's remorse every week anyway. Go ahead and get it. Sell it when the P2 comes.

Indeed! Chasing the horizon...

The waiting game is a fool's errand. It never ends, phone's are always coming out.. new tech always coming out.. best way to make a decision is what's in front of you now, no telling what the future is gonna bring.

We don't even have hard specs on the P2 yet.... ijs.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Indeed! Chasing the horizon...

The waiting game is a fool's errand. It never ends, phone's are always coming out.. new tech always coming out.. best way to make a decision is what's in front of you now, no telling what the future is gonna bring.

We don't even have hard specs on the P2 yet.... ijs.

Preach on Brother DMP89145. Preach on! :D

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you have a working phone, and want a Pixel, just wait for the Pixel 2. In the end, now the smart phones have matured, there is not much functionality difference between a new phone and one 3 years old.

It is a no brain wait. Unless money is no object.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance