Pixel after 7 months

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
How is everyone's pixel and pixel XL holding up after 7 months?
Day one pixel user here. My pixel has been nothing short of exactly what I expected: rock solid performance and risk/worry free user experience with stock Android. Updates on the day they are released (Verizon) and 100% stability in day to day use.

I've had a case on this black standard pixel for the entire time. I have two cases, both spigen, one clear and one solid black. I switch between the two regularily. Recently put a dbrand skin on it and it looks wonderful. Very pleased. I basically have zero wear and tear on my phone due to case use and physically it is in mint condition. Software wise, well, let's just say I handled an s8 in stores multiple times and wouldn't trade two pixels for a Samsung. Out of 6, hands down a runaway winner for best phone I've owned.
73a5003480d2aa094a87ea4ca481c06a.jpg

Last edited:

Mhd 1999

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I bought the pixel about 2 months ago.
Performance is as good as day one.
Battery is decent. The camera is maybe the sweetest part of it. Couldn't be happier

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on day 2.

Looks like it did when I got it.

And more importantly I RUNS EXACTLY LIKE THE DAY I GOT IT.

This is the first smart phone I have ever had that did not start to get lag after a month or two. I have only rebooted a few times, and that was only because I thought it was time.

Let's see all of those S8 people say that after 6 or 7 months... :)

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel XL arrived the night before Verizon launched. Always cased so it's still in perfect condition. I have really enjoyed this phone. Prior to buying Pixel I had owned four Galaxy Notes, 2, 3, 5, & 7.
I enjoy larger screens so I hope Pixel 2 screen will grow a bit. Perhaps 6"

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with it this far. Battery life is excellent, everything is fast and smooth, camera is great, and the display is amazing. The speaker is a bit lackluster but I can deal with that. So far I haven't wanted to try any other phone

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Kept it in a Calicase minimal. Beautiful phone, still runs perfect. Had a few issues very early on(hollow bar). But, flawless phone now. Love it! Bestes phone ever had.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have to say Pixel is the smoothest Android phone I've owned. I thought Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were smooth until I tried a Pixel. Both S7's are great phones but they just aren't as smooth as a Pixel. My Pixel has never stuttered, frozen, or glitched since I bought it. Great phone.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Best phone I've ever owned.

Phone is still extremely fast, as fast as the first day I got it, battery life still great and camera still excellent.

I used to be the type of person that would go through multiple phones a year, but this is the first time I'll be keeping one phone for a whole year and only plan on upgrading to the Pixel 2 this year. I'm that happy with it.

I've used the LG G6 and Galaxy S8+ and neither of them impressed me much. The user experience on the Pixel is just too far ahead for me to consider anything else.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Had my XL since launch day, replacing my Note 7. I loved it then, and love it now. It has been what I expected and more. The timely updates from Google while using Verizon have been as promised, in fact, I am on a preview of O.

In addition to timely updates, the fluidity and camera stand out to me.

I don't feel any pull to new phones this first half of the year. We will see what Q3 brings, but I can see being very happy with this phone well into 18.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle