How long does it take to have Pixel XL to go back to android N after downgrading from O beta.

A

AC Question

I need to go back to android N because my work email dosnt work with O. I went to the android beta website and unenrolled from the beta. I have been waiting 8 hrs for the N software to come back to my phone but I have not seen it yet. I am on Verizon and the phone was bought from verizon makes a difference.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
OTA should be available almost immediately; have you done the "check for updates" thing? Keep in mind, this is going to wipe all user data, so you'll be setting up from scratch.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I need to go back to android N because my work email dosnt work with O. I went to the android beta website and unenrolled from the beta. I have been waiting 8 hrs for the N software to come back to my phone but I have not seen it yet. I am on Verizon and the phone was bought from verizon makes a difference.

What app are you using to access your work email?

I have been using Nine (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3&token=NasKxuqT) for the last few years and can state unequivocally that it is the absolute best app for accessing Exchange Server (ActiveSync) email accounts with full syncing of not only mail, but calendars, tasks, etc, etc.

I only just installed the Android O beta a short while ago, but initial testing of work email with Nine indicates that it is working normally.

itaintez

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon phones seem to have issues pushing the OTA back to N. It's been two days since I unenrolled and longer for other VZ folks.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you posted in another thread about this and I asked there, but just to be clear.

You enrolled in O. then unenrolled to N. How long did it take and did it wipe the phone?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
When I un-enroll I got the downgrade to 7.1.2 immediately. It took about 30 minutes to install. And yes, the downgrade wipes the phone. I then reloaded the latest version of every app. Re-enrolled. It took another 30 minutes to reinstall O. And I have since then been able to update some of the Google apps from this morning. My GMail notifications are working now as well. I just have one app that doesn't like O. Just don't factory reset after installing O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy