Pixel replacement glass with uBreakIfix

bacchus71

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to put this out as a heads up to anyone that has to get the glass replaced on their pixel. I dropped mine a few weeks ago, LCD is ok, glass was busted so went to Google's authorized repair shop uBreakIfix. They replaced with genuine oem glass and all seemed fine until I received a call, which was a day later. The proximity sensor is somehow being blocked so screen immediately goes black until the call ends. I took it back and figured the glass was the cause. Of course they didn't take my word for it, and they replaced the proximity sensor. That didn't work. They then replaced the glass with another and issue persisted. They get the glass from Google so their appears to be a problem where possible the glass is too dark for the sensor to work ( it's to the right of the earpiece).
I know there's a ton of issues with replacement screens, just wanted to give anyone who has to get their screen replaced to have the sensor checked before taking it home. I've been in and out of the place for the past 2 weeks and frustrating when I basically did the research and troubleshooting for them and they're just now on the same page I am. The manager stated they would contact Google and the glass manufacturer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll update when I get a resolution, hopefully today.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue like that a year or two ago with some iPhone replacement screens. Holding up an original and replacement to a light you could clearly see a difference in darkness.
Sucks they couldnt get on the same page as you quicker.