My 3 year old nephew was bugging me to watch videos of garbage trucks on my phone. Being Mr. Smarty, I handed him the locked phone.
    Unphased (and not knowing any better) he swiped the screen from the bottom and the phone unlocked.
    I thought it was a momentary glitch but an hour ago I did the same thing and sure enough, if the clock appears on the screen (it doesn't work on a black screen), a simple up swipe will put the phone into fully unlocked status. I've checked the security setting and both pin and Pixel imprint (fingerprint) are set. A reboot did not change the situation.
    Phone was purchased from Google Store and is running 7.1.2. Security Patch level: May 5.

Any ideas on a fix?
    05-19-2017 10:17 PM
    My 3 year old nephew was bugging me to watch videos of garbage trucks on my phone. Being Mr. Smarty, I handed him the locked phone.
    Unphased (and not knowing any better) he swiped the screen from the bottom and the phone unlocked.
    I thought it was a momentary glitch but an hour ago I did the same thing and sure enough, if the clock appears on the screen (it doesn't work on a black screen), a simple up swipe will put the phone into fully unlocked status. I've checked the security setting and both pin and Pixel imprint (fingerprint) are set. A reboot did not change the situation.
    Phone was purchased from Google Store and is running 7.1.2. Security Patch level: May 5.

Any ideas on a fix?
    Are you using any trusted devices or locations? Those will allow your phone to unlock with a swipe even with a pin or password or fingerprint on the phone.
    05-19-2017 11:11 PM
    Ahh. Very smart, Grasshopper! That is the answer. I recently got a smart watch, which I added as a trusted device. Plus, I was at home, a trusted location.
    Doh!
    Thanks!
    sangs likes this.
    05-20-2017 12:06 AM
    No problem! That's why the community is here 😀
    05-20-2017 12:08 AM
    Ahh. Very smart, Grasshopper! That is the answer. I recently got a smart watch, which I added as a trusted device. Plus, I was at home, a trusted location.
    Doh!
    Thanks!
    You might want to do some testing regarding that trusted location as there are many reports of devices remaining unlocked when that is the only setting and very from from home.

I was recently in Brasil for an entire week, nearly 5,000 miles from my trusted location ("Home") and yet, when I thought to test it on the 5th day in Brazil, I found that a simple swipe would unlock the phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-new-post.html
    05-27-2017 09:57 AM