June, security patch

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Odd. I usually get it around the 7th

The same here. My husband has a Nexus 5X. Our phones usually receive security updates within a day or two of each other. Sometimes the Pixel XL is first to receive the update and sometimes the 5X gets it first. This month, the 5X received the security update a couple of days after its release, and yet my Pixel XL has still not received it.

gsolis31

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
It seems the Pixel rollouts are purposely delayed this month, though I don't know why. And it shouldn't matter what carrier you have. From SignalSpy on another forum: The Pixel rollout isn't compete yet for all carriers.

So I'm curious about the Pixel folks who are saying they got the update (there are a few of them). They must have manually updated?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just went into my settings, about phone, and had it check for update back on June 5th and the update downloaded and installed. I have the XL on Verizon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It seems the Pixel rollouts are purposely delayed this month, though I don't know why. And it shouldn't matter what carrier you have. From SignalSpy on another forum: The Pixel rollout isn't compete yet for all carriers.

So I'm curious about the Pixel folks who are saying they got the update (there are a few of them). They must have manually updated?

I got mine OTA (T-Mobile)

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Which build does your phone have now?

I have build NKG47L for Pixel (sailfish) (T-Mobile)
The first screenshot is the day I got the ota June 12th
The second screenshot just shows the build and info ,

757ca8f05b34a7e79be88f6a65ed1107.jpg

2943bf26db9335d4c3b42f0c51f4ad7b.jpg

Last edited:

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have build NKG47L for Pixel (sailfish) (T-Mobile)

Thanks! NKG47L is also the build listed for the Pixel XL for users of T-Mobile, Fi Carriers, and Rogers. It seems like most of the complaints I've seen from those who have not yet received the June update have come from users on Project Fi. So, if your experience is typical, it would seem that T-Mobile users are not having a problem with that build.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's some sort of glitch with Project Fi. I know this sort of problem has come up before with Fido and with Rogers.

Are there any Pixel/Pixel XL/Project Fi users here who have received build NKG47L? If so, did it come OTA or did you sideload it?

gsolis31

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Just did a manual check and finally getting the update on Fi.

EDIT: after restart, can confirm the Build number on Fi is also NKG47L.

Last edited:

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Looks like all of a sudden the dam has burst and build NKG47L is coming to Project Fi users. It's installing on my Pixel XL right now.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You're all welcome. I finally broke down and sideloaded this morning, so OF COURSE Fi starts sending out the OTA en masse today...

vjfratiani

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same waiting boat still on June 27.
I switched my unlocked Pixel I bought directly from Google, from Verizon to Project Fi last month.

I'm concerned that because I am running a Verizon build of the OS that the update servers are rejecting my device update requests now that I'm on a different carrier. I hope that's not the case.

Google support and Fi support haven't been able to give me an answer other than refer me to manually flash my phone with the update. My device appears to be one of the batch of Pixels with the intermittent freezing issues. Though support wants me to park my device in safe mode for a few weeks to see what happens.

Nobody has time for that.

Alas, I'm hoping that contacting support will jump start the process.

If all else fails, I can hope I get a massive rollup pushed to my device with the July update...