Samsung email stating my samsung account was abnormally reset and locked?

mygamertagsucks

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
My previous phone was a Samsung S5, but my current phone is a Google Pixel. I don't recall ever using a "Samsung Account", for anything. However, I received an email from Samsung Account Services stating my account had been abnormally reset and had been locked after 5 failed attempts. What surprised me was the fact the attempted account entry was taking place in Yemen, despite me still having that phone, and having never left America, ever.
I used my laptop to contact Samsung Customer Service chat, and was instructed to change my password. I did that, and closed out the account. I should also add that I have updated all of my passwords, just to be safe. Everything works fine, but I am still kind of confused as to why someone would try to access an account that was never used, and never contained information like credit cards or personal information.
So, my question is, why would they target a dead account, and why would this be occurring from Yemen? I still have my S5, so it's not like it was sent to Yemen after I upgraded. I can think of 0 reasons why this occurred.
Thanks in advance.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My previous phone was a Samsung S5, but my current phone is a Google Pixel. I don't recall ever using a "Samsung Account", for anything. However, I received an email from Samsung Account Services stating my account had been abnormally reset and had been locked after 5 failed attempts. What surprised me was the fact the attempted account entry was taking place in Yemen, despite me still having that phone, and having never left America, ever.
I used my laptop to contact Samsung Customer Service chat, and was instructed to change my password. I did that, and closed out the account. I should also add that I have updated all of my passwords, just to be safe. Everything works fine, but I am still kind of confused as to why someone would try to access an account that was never used, and never contained information like credit cards or personal information.
So, my question is, why would they target a dead account, and why would this be occurring from Yemen? I still have my S5, so it's not like it was sent to Yemen after I upgraded. I can think of 0 reasons why this occurred.
Thanks in advance.

ur samsung account could be leaked somehow and someone was trying to access it.
there are whole bunch of people trying to access other peoples account. good that u closed the account.

or some might have accidentally used ur account instead of their own. ur account name might have been similar to theirs.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally did that once trying to log into snap chat or instragam. I have a user name that is common for me but forgot it was already taken and i used another one. So dumb me logging in didnt work, because someone else already had it.. LOL

mygamertagsucks

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
My main concern is whether this issue could extend to my home network. The Samsung account was dead and forgotten by me even while I had the S5, and it hasn't been turned on since I bought my Pixel. Since I never linked financial information to that account, I didn't really care so much about the Samsung account as I did trying to figure out why it all of a sudden became a target for a possible hacker. When I reexamined my email from Samsung (which took forever to verify it's authenticity since I went into "oh sh1t" and was suspicious of everything), I actually had 10 emails, telling me someone attempted to use my account, from Yemen. All 10 tries were within seconds of each other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1