reset to few days ago

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to reset the phone to few days ago? I see that there is factory reset, which resets it back to factory. But I want to reset to just few days ago... And I'm having trouble finding that option.
Is it possible?

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Unless you are rooted and using something like Titanium Backup think I think you are out of luck. Maybe someone else has more input.

Out of curiosity what happened over the last few days? Maybe one of the apps that updated caused issues.

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded an apk and has since deleted it but I continue to get popup ads everywhere even on home screen, on messages, on Snapchat, on Pandora, everywhere. the ads popup.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded an apk and has since deleted it but I continue to get popup ads everywhere even on home screen, on messages, on Snapchat, on Pandora, everywhere. the ads popup.
Where did you get the APK from? I'm not familiar with safe mode on Android, but might be able to eradicate it by loading into that. Then again it might be a whole lot easier to rest up your phone and apply one of the factory images straight from Google. Is be worried a reset device might leave done of the spam behind causing the issues in the first place.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

u r most probably infected with virus. thats the price u pay for downloading apk.
the virus might have stolen ur password, bank info or card info.
i recommend formatting and setting it up again.

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Just update for anyone interested or encounter this problem as well.

I did a factory reset and it actually resets back to whatever backup you have. I have auto-back up so it backed up to the previous week. I lost all sms (text) messages that happened after the previous week. I also lost all pictures/gifs sent in any message dating back to the beginning. It deleted all photos/videos/documents downloaded dating back to the beginning. It deleted local storage of photos taken with the phone dating back to the beginning (the photos are saved on google though if you have them uploaded to the cloud).
When I say beginning, I mean beginning of having the phone Pixel XL.

So in conclusion, Factory reset did what I wanted, stopped the popup ads. But I lost all pics in messages but was only able to save conversations from week prior to this one. Everything else is gone. I didn't have any music so it's ok, and all the pictures/videos I took are on the cloud. So it went well.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Next time you get the urge to do a factry reset, first download an app such as My Backup https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.rerware.android.MyBackup&token=yilFvbCN and backup all of the important stuff.

For WhatsApp, there is an internal backup/restore tool under the settings menu. For photos/videos, there is no reason to not have them constantly syncing to your Google account, especially since unlimited storage is free for Pixel owners. If some of your photos (like those coming from texts, etc) are not being synced, go to Photos -> Menu -> Settings -> Back up & sync -> Back up device folders