Customer Support google

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had to deal with these guys. I'm at a loss. My phone's speakers went out. They said they would replace my phone under warranty. When they sent a link, they wanted. $800 hold to send me a refurbished phone. 1st, I don't have $800 to put a hold on. 2nd, a refurbished phone isn't worth $800. They said I could also send in my phone and they would send me refurbished one in 10 days. That's their two options. That's it. When I wanted to speak to someone else about there policy they told me they were closing the case and they were satisfied they had addressed my issue. Satisfied I have a broke phone? I love my Pixel XL, but their customer service is just terrible. Never had this issue before. Google just doesn't trust it's customers and doesn't want to support their devices. Guess I'll go back to Samsung. Just needed to vent. These reps are stressing me out.

mackeymarkf

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issues with Google Support, My pixel had the speaker issue.....Any one have a back line or email to them? I sent my Pixel in 5 days ago, it just arrived today to them. Why is fed ex taking 5 days to get anywhere! Much less just Austin to Dallas!. Also, they did not send along another phone like they did with the last 2 broken google phone. SO I have been without a phone for 5 + days. I had a nexus 5 and nexus 5x repaired before and they sent a new phone same day. They also are not answering my email requests for information. Sounds like Google support is slipping

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
And they want to be like Apple? They have a lot of catching up to. do! One thing I will say about apple is their support and how they handle things. This pixel to me has been the biggest hunk of garbage I have ever spent money on. I personally think someone is paying people off to give this phone such positive reviews all over. Can not wait to get rid of mine for something that will allow it to work as a phone without all the hassles and issues. Updates seem to break things and things that were promised to be fixed have still left many pixel owners in the dark. From this alone, I know what my next phone WON'T be.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
And they want to be like Apple? They have a lot of catching up to. do! One thing I will say about apple is their support and how they handle things. This pixel to me has been the biggest hunk of garbage I have ever spent money on. I personally think someone is paying people off to give this phone such positive reviews all over. Can not wait to get rid of mine for something that will allow it to work as a phone without all the hassles and issues. Updates seem to break things and things that were promised to be fixed have still left many pixel owners in the dark. From this alone, I know what my next phone WON'T be.

Haven't had any issues with mine, in fact it's been one of the most problem free phones I've had. And no, not paid to say that. The worst phones I've ever owned were the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the HTC Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt was bad from the start, horrible battery life and signal quality, mediocre speakers. The S3 got progressively worse the longer I owned it, the GPS was bad from the start, it started to slow down after a few months to the point where by the one year mark it was crap to use, battery life by the one year mark was about 1/3 of what it was when new, and just after the one year mark mobile data quit and never came back.

In contrast, no hardware issues, the performance is the same as day one, and battery life is the same or better than when I got it. If they improve the Pixel with better speakers, smaller bezels, and maybe waterproofing I'll be all for it. I am using the regular Pixel and not the XL, but I doubt that makes a difference. Have you tried getting a replacement?

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issues with Google Support, My pixel had the speaker issue.....Any one have a back line or email to them? I sent my Pixel in 5 days ago, it just arrived today to them. Why is fed ex taking 5 days to get anywhere! Much less just Austin to Dallas!. Also, they did not send along another phone like they did with the last 2 broken google phone. SO I have been without a phone for 5 + days. I had a nexus 5 and nexus 5x repaired before and they sent a new phone same day. They also are not answering my email requests for information. Sounds like Google support is slipping
I ended up writing all the management I could find and filed with BBB. Customer Service now just ignores me and refused to respond. Worst customer service ever. Google should be ashamed. I've never been treated this bad by any company. Very disappointing.

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had any issues with mine, in fact it's been one of the most problem free phones I've had. And no, not paid to say that. The worst phones I've ever owned were the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the HTC Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt was bad from the start, horrible battery life and signal quality, mediocre speakers. The S3 got progressively worse the longer I owned it, the GPS was bad from the start, it started to slow down after a few months to the point where by the one year mark it was crap to use, battery life by the one year mark was about 1/3 of what it was when new, and just after the one year mark mobile data quit and never came back.

In contrast, no hardware issues, the performance is the same as day one, and battery life is the same or better than when I got it. If they improve the Pixel with better speakers, smaller bezels, and maybe waterproofing I'll be all for it. I am using the regular Pixel and not the XL, but I doubt that makes a difference. Have you tried getting a replacement?
Hope you don't have any issues. I loved the phone, but now hate this company. I've never even thought about getting a iPhone, but this may push me to switch.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

Im on my 3rd replacement and they are. all the same in terms of performance and issues

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hope you don't have any issues. I loved the phone, but now hate this company. I've never even thought about getting a iPhone, but this may push me to switch.

Ironically CS is what drove me away from Apple. Before they put the iPhone on Verizon, I was eagerly anticipating getting when it finally launched there. Before it happened however, my iPod went to hell. Luckily it was under warranty (extended but still). Both the battery and hard drive had to be replaced. When I got it back I logged into iTunes (another reason to hate Apple IMHO) and began synching my media. Everything went fine except for what I had purchased through iTunes. When I tried again it said it didn't recognize me as the authorized owner.

So I tried everything on their support and FAQ pages, then I contacted support and spent a week trying first the same things from their support pages (even after I told them I already tried them) and a few new things they suggested. Finally they decided the only way to resolve the issue was to repurchase the media. I asked if they would give me a credit or token to repurchase them. They informed me that I would have to do it on my own dime.

They repaired the iPod, the purchases were made through their system, and yet I was going to have to repurchase all my media again (which IIRC figured out to around $100-130) because of an issue on their end. When they wouldn't budge, they lost me as a customer (which would've figured out to around 4-6 iPhones, plus an iPad or two) all because they didn't want to credit me for something I'd already purchased from them. They lost out on quite a bit of hardware sales (and that's not counting the future media and apps that would've been purchased). It's why I won't consider them when looking at a new device.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That $800 is for their protection. If you decide to keep the device, they won't be out $800 for a device. I went through the same process when I had my 6P replaced. Just because you will be honest, doesn't mean the next guy will.

I have gotten a refurb and it's practically new. No scratches or blemishes. I had the 6P and had an issue and they sent me a new one and that has issues. Then I got another new one and it was fine. But then a year later, I had another issue and was going to get a refurb and it was perfect. Screen colors were even and not off unlike the new ones I got before. But when I got my first new one, the questions were unrelated to me issue. The screen colors were way off. Bluish white on the bottom and a very yellow tint on the top. I can deal with a little but this was bad. Rep had me take my SIM out, reboot, and something else stupid. I already told her I just got the phone and I just did a factory reset. Then they asked if I had any 3rd party apps but she didn't understand the whole "factory reset" part of the chat.

But their reps are pretty useless. I left and went to Apple and I hated Apple but I wanted a phone that just works. And I am happy with my iPhone 7Plus.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That $800 is for their protection. If you decide to keep the device, they won't be out $800 for a device. I went through the same process when I had my 6P replaced. Just because you will be honest, doesn't mean the next guy will.

I have gotten a refurb and it's practically new. No scratches or blemishes. I had the 6P and had an issue and they sent me a new one and that has issues. Then I got another new one and it was fine. But then a year later, I had another issue and was going to get a refurb and it was perfect. Screen colors were even and not off unlike the new ones I got before. But when I got my first new one, the questions were unrelated to me issue. The screen colors were way off. Bluish white on the bottom and a very yellow tint on the top. I can deal with a little but this was bad. Rep had me take my SIM out, reboot, and something else stupid. I already told her I just got the phone and I just did a factory reset. Then they asked if I had any 3rd party apps but she didn't understand the whole "factory reset" part of the chat.

But their reps are pretty useless. I left and went to Apple and I hated Apple but I wanted a phone that just works. And I am happy with my iPhone 7Plus.

It was the same thing with Motorola as well. We had an issue with my niece's phone and they offered the same thing, either send it in and wait for it to be repaired or replaced, or pay money and have an advanced replacement device sent out. In fact I've had that happen with companies in other industries as well (auto parts especially).

To the OP, I understand it's frustrating to either fork over a big amount of money or lose your device for a week. However, I wouldn't trust anyone with $600-800 either without a guarantee. There are mechanisms in place if a company screws you over (states attorney, BBB, etc.). But if you screw over a company, their choices are either court or collection agencies, and then they get a fraction of what they lost. Now granted you're most likely under warranty, but I don't recall seeing that the warranty covers advance replacements (their separate warranty with a deductible might). And most places that have warranties don't cover that either. I doubt you'd have any better luck with Samsung, LG, or Apple if you don't buy their support insurance (like Apple Care).

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'd venture unless you live in a city with an Apple store you won't see Apple sending out advance replacements either unless you also have Apple Care. Warranties say they have to replace or repair devices during a set period, they don't say they have to give you a loaner or replacement device while your defective device is being looked at.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had to deal with these guys. I'm at a loss. My phone's speakers went out. They said they would replace my phone under warranty. When they sent a link, they wanted. $800 hold to send me a refurbished phone. 1st, I don't have $800 to put a hold on. 2nd, a refurbished phone isn't worth $800. They said I could also send in my phone and they would send me refurbished one in 10 days. That's their two options. That's it. When I wanted to speak to someone else about there policy they told me they were closing the case and they were satisfied they had addressed my issue. Satisfied I have a broke phone? I love my Pixel XL, but their customer service is just terrible. Never had this issue before. Google just doesn't trust it's customers and doesn't want to support their devices. Guess I'll go back to Samsung. Just needed to vent. These reps are stressing me out.

Hi sorry you are having issues,

But about not wanting refurbished phones ?

My experience with Apple after my iphone had to be replaced.

The phone kept shutting down no matter if it had a full charge or not, sometimes it took awhile to get it to boot back up, when I would force start it .

It was a new phone when purchased ,not yet a year old purchased direct from Apple store (unlocked)
I do live where there is a couple Apple stores,or would had to sent it in and probably would have had the same process you mentioned your experiencing.

I made an appointment to have it looked at, they went though the typical steps of trouble shooting.
When it was restoring, before it finished it switched itself off again.

The tech went and got a replacement phone for me, and was a refurbished phone.
So far it still works fine ,no issues with .
I have Apple Care ,,but since still within the year manufactory warranty I think that is what they went with.
The point being, I think after a person has had their phone for awhile ,be it Google, Apple,etc they are going to replace it with a refurb .

Last edited:

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ironically CS is what drove me away from Apple. Before they put the iPhone on Verizon, I was eagerly anticipating getting when it finally launched there. Before it happened however, my iPod went to hell. Luckily it was under warranty (extended but still). Both the battery and hard drive had to be replaced. When I got it back I logged into iTunes (another reason to hate Apple IMHO) and began synching my media. Everything went fine except for what I had purchased through iTunes. When I tried again it said it didn't recognize me as the authorized owner.

So I tried everything on their support and FAQ pages, then I contacted support and spent a week trying first the same things from their support pages (even after I told them I already tried them) and a few new things they suggested. Finally they decided the only way to resolve the issue was to repurchase the media. I asked if they would give me a credit or token to repurchase them. They informed me that I would have to do it on my own dime.

They repaired the iPod, the purchases were made through their system, and yet I was going to have to repurchase all my media again (which IIRC figured out to around $100-130) because of an issue on their end. When they wouldn't budge, they lost me as a customer (which would've figured out to around 4-6 iPhones, plus an iPad or two) all because they didn't want to credit me for something I'd already purchased from them. They lost out on quite a bit of hardware sales (and that's not counting the future media and apps that would've been purchased). It's why I won't consider them when looking at a new device.
Yea we have run to those issues with my son's iPhone. I guess at some point they couldn't find his account. Had to start a new one. Everything was lost.

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

My whole argument was a refurbished phone is not worth $800. So if they determine my phone is not covered, I would be charged for a brand new one??? I didn't have $800 at the time either, so just stuck.

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It was the same thing with Motorola as well. We had an issue with my niece's phone and they offered the same thing, either send it in and wait for it to be repaired or replaced, or pay money and have an advanced replacement device sent out. In fact I've had that happen with companies in other industries as well (auto parts especially).

To the OP, I understand it's frustrating to either fork over a big amount of money or lose your device for a week. However, I wouldn't trust anyone with $600-800 either without a guarantee. There are mechanisms in place if a company screws you over (states attorney, BBB, etc.). But if you screw over a company, their choices are either court or collection agencies, and then they get a fraction of what they lost. Now granted you're most likely under warranty, but I don't recall seeing that the warranty covers advance replacements (their separate warranty with a deductible might). And most places that have warranties don't cover that either. I doubt you'd have any better luck with Samsung, LG, or Apple if you don't buy their support insurance (like Apple Care).
I would agree, but I'm already a customer. So you should be able to trust someone who already forked over $800. Plus a refurbished phone isn't worth that much. Lol

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd venture unless you live in a city with an Apple store you won't see Apple sending out advance replacements either unless you also have Apple Care. Warranties say they have to replace or repair devices during a set period, they don't say they have to give you a loaner or replacement device while your defective device is being looked at.
Most companies find a way to make their customers happy. HP one time sent me a brand new laptop, because mine melted. Some companies actually appreciate their customers.

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi sorry you are having issues,

But about not wanting refurbished phones ?

My experience with Apple after my iphone had to be replaced.

The phone kept shutting down no matter if it had a full charge or not, sometimes it took awhile to get it to boot back up, when I would force start it .

It was a new phone when purchased ,not yet a year old purchased direct from Apple store (unlocked)
I do live where there is a couple Apple stores,or would had to sent it in and probably would have had the same process you mentioned your experiencing.

I made an appointment to have it looked at, they went though the typical steps of trouble shooting.
When it was restoring, before it finished it switched itself off again.

The tech went and got a replacement phone for me, and was a refurbished phone.
So far it still works fine ,no issues with .
I have Apple Care ,,but since still within the year manufactory warranty I think that is what they went with.
The point being, I think after a person has had their phone for awhile ,be it Google, Apple,etc they are going to replace it with a refurb .
I'm fine with a refurbished phone. They just won't even talk to me anymore. When I contact customer service, they just say my claim is closed and hang up. I was just weighing my options and now they are treating my like garbage. Had to file with BBB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz